Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello all,

I have just recently purchased an Audi A4 from a dealer but it only comes with one key fob, no emergency key either. It's had 2 previous owners so I'm guessing somewhere along the line they lost/didn't forward the spare keys.

I know Audi will probably charge in excess of £300 including the programming which is just ridiculous.

I'm not so fussed about the emergency key, so really I'm just looking to get an extra key fob made and programmed.

Does anyone know of any reputable auto locksmiths in the London area that can do this at a reasonable price?

Car Keys Solutions in Enfield have quoted £245 Inc VAT and they come to my location, cut key and programme it.

Any other options?

TIA

PS. This is my first post on here, can you tell? Lol

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Spare key for 2015 A4 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Also a newb to this forum.

I have the same problem with my 2012 S5

Interested to see if anyone can give any options as only having 1 key is like playing with fire.

Free bump.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Spare key for 2015 A4 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Guernseydonkey View Post
    Also a newb to this forum.

I have the same problem with my 2012 S5

Interested to see if anyone can give any options as only having 1 key is like playing with fire.

Free bump.

The thing is that by having only one key, there is the potential of the other one being out there in the wild. That means the current key fob needs to be reprogrammed for safety sake. That's an extra cost.

Unless of course you're willing to risk it and not have it reprogrammed.

0 0 0

4. Re: Spare key for 2015 A4 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I'm open to options.

The car is 1 owner from new, previous owner lost one key.

I exported the car to Guernsey from the uk. There is near zero car thefts here so not to bothered about the other key being out there somewhere I'm more bothered about the 1 key I have going missing thus rendering my shiny new car useless. (I have a 2 year old son who likes keys)

On the down side, Guernsey is a small place with limited resources and a VERY overpriced Audi main dealer so any options for getting a key 'cloned' would be great.

Thanks for your reply

0 0 0

5. Re: Spare key for 2015 A4 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes being on an island is a pain in that sense. Like you said, you don't really need to worry about reprogramming the key you have.

Maybe call your local auto locksmith to see if they can help, otherwise it's a bit of a pain logistically for you I'm afraid

0 1 0