1. Efficiency Drive Select Mode 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I have recently taken ownership of a 2018 3.0l TDI Q7.

I know that when the 'Efficiency' drive select mode is selected, the gear indicator on the dashboard shows E1, 2, 3 etc as per the attached photo. and the engine will use intelligent coasting and generally selects higher gears when travelling etc.

If I start my car (when hot or from cold) with the Drive Select mode already in Efficiency, i.e. what it was before I switched the engine off the last time, the gear selection indicator on the dashboard shows D1, 2, 3 etc. instead of E1... the intelligent coasting does not happen as often as usual and it does not generally drive in higher gears as it should do. The second photo shows what's displayed. To correct this, I have to change the drive select mode to something else, and then select 'Efficiency' again.

Yesterday, my car was in for an oil change and I asked that Audi had a look at this, thinking it was a software issue. Their response was that this is standard and that the coasting function and higher gear selection only works when the car is fully warm. I couldn't argue with them as I hadn't checked what the car did after it was warm, but I drove 55 miles and for over an hour last night and the dashboard still showed D for gear selection and didn't choose higher gears or coast as much as usual. As soon as I did the 'fix' it changed back to how it should drive.

I definitely think that I was fobbed off by the Audi dealer and wondered if anyone else has experienced this issue with the drive select mode?

Thanks
    1A272344-000A-4203-80A3-AE70C5A7C641_1_105_c.jpg
    3F0215DC-2760-43A7-AFDA-7209B125956A_1_105_c.jpg

0 0 0

2. Re: Efficiency Drive Select Mode 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)
    I do most of my mileage in Efficiency Mode and it always shows as E. I think you've been fobbed off.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Q7 3.0 TDI Quattro (272 HP) S-Line
    (Gone) A6 C6 AVANT 2.7TDI SE MANUAL
    Hers - Mk. VII Golf '15' 2.0 TDI BlueMotion

0 0 0

3. Re: Efficiency Drive Select Mode 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ragebe View Post
    I do most of my mileage in Efficiency Mode and it always shows as E. I think you've been fobbed off.

Which year is your Q7, I read on another post here that it seems to be later ones that have had the problem.

0 0 0

4. Re: Efficiency Drive Select Mode 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by si_b View Post
    Which year is your Q7, I read on another post here that it seems to be later ones that have had the problem.
    Mine is 2016. I've checked it a couple of times today, since my initial reply and on each occasion, starting was with the letter E, on the display.
    I've also updated my MMI software to 0976 (or similar) which I believe to be the latest flavour, so I'm not sure it would be a software error causing this for you.
    Might be worth a read of the manual (or popping the manual CD in a laptop for a faster search)?

Q7 3.0 TDI Quattro (272 HP) S-Line
    (Gone) A6 C6 AVANT 2.7TDI SE MANUAL
    Hers - Mk. VII Golf '15' 2.0 TDI BlueMotion

0 0 0

5. Re: Efficiency Drive Select Mode 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by si_b View Post
    It is normal in new models. I have checked it also in Owners Manual. After switching on the engine again the gearbox will be always in "D" mode. It concerns not only Efficiency Mode but Dynamic Mode as well. I don't have an idea what is the rational behind this.

0 0 0

6. Re: Efficiency Drive Select Mode 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    My 2020 will stay in E efficiency until I change it to a different mode regardless of how many times I turn the engine off and on again.

0 0 0

7. Re: Efficiency Drive Select Mode 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chin85 View Post
    My 2020 will stay in E efficiency until I change it to a different mode regardless of how many times I turn the engine off and on again.
    Yes, selected mode is not changed. However the gearbox will return on “D”.
    So, you can have Efficiency Mode and gearbox on “D” instead of “E”.

0 0 0

8. Re: Efficiency Drive Select Mode 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    If you check the attached picture, there is the "Efficiency" message on the DIS, so maybe it's a so called "feature" by Audi, so they feel it's not a bug.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0