Hello, firstly, I am not sure if I have posted this in the right section, but here goes nothing!

I have a 2005 Audi A3 SE DSG 3dr, the car has been working perfectly, absolute dream to drive and the automatic gearbox is fantastic on it, but roughly about the beginning of December, I had water pooling in my drivers footwell, scuttle panel, sunroof,etc all fine and clear of debris, it then became apparent when doing a school run that my rear drivers side passenger seat was wet, when I got it home we pulled out the boot floor and folded the seats down, got a hosepipe and sprayed the rear drivers side area of the back of the car, and water came in, it was a damaged and ill repaired (i used to park under cover so never noticed water ingress). I thought that possibly as I'm parked facing down hill, the water that was getting into through the rear light cluster was running down into the drivers footwell, for a good few weeks it was all fine and dandy, (I had used a vax to suck the water out of the car and it was finally drying out) until I got into it on Christmas eve to go and drop some presents off to a friends house, at first I just thought my feet were cold, it was only when I looked down and saw the damn thing had filled with water again!

As usual, vaxed the water out, started drying really well, etc, I had a bit of a delay booking it in to the garage (where its going Friday to hopefully have this resolved!)
I cannot see anywhere for the water to be coming in per se, whenever its raining, it doesnt get into the car but when its exceptionally windy and we have torrential rain it comes in, it seems to be coming in and running down the outer edge of the door and then coming into the footwell, I do have some photos which I will try and attach later. The speaker and bottom of the drivers door are both dry, I'm a bit frustrated and confused, has anyone else had a similar issue to this?

P.s sorry its long winded, I don't know an awful lot about cars, please be gentle lol