Notices

User Tag List

Thread: PCP - keep going 'til the end or VT now?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: PCP - keep going 'til the end or VT now? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Had an enjoyable day looking at cars today. First up was a 2014 BMW X5 30d M Sport, up for 23K, very nice but no running boards, and it was quite a stretch even for me just to get into it, so both my Mum and mother-in-law would have a nightmare. Also it's similar size to the Q7, which I already think is a bit overkill for what I use it for. So whilst it was nice I don't think it'll work for me really. Next up was the S-Max, this was a rare ST-Line model, very very nice but also 23K and I just feel it's too much to pay for a Ford, however I was very impressed with it. It was roomy enough inside, the rear seats are fine for short journeys with the kids in there, which is all I need them for really. Also it wasn't too low, so think the Mums will be able to get in and out ok, overall I liked it but am going to look for a cheaper example. Ford only offered me 30K for my Q7 so there's a 6K shortfall with Audi wanting 36K to settle early. So no equity to use as a deposit.

On the way back popped into my local Audi dealer (Basingstoke) because they'd just got an 2016 A6 Avant in I wanted to look at, priced up at 18.8K it's bright red, black pack, 20" allows, I was already thinking "Oooh I like the sound of this" but unfortunately it reminded me why I don't really like A6's - too low, not much head room and felt claustrophobic - really odd considering the size of the thing. Also after a lot of thought I think not having the flexibility of having those 2 extra seats at the back will become a real problem, so I came away thinking the A6 isn't really going to work for me.

Another Q7 is just too expensive at the moment and don't want to go with a 4L model, so at the moment the S-Max is in the lead. I thought I would hate it being a Ford, but it drove really well and no rattles, nor much noise really. I could be converted if I can find one for around 18K. Hoping to look at another one in Abingdon tomorrow, although it's not an ST-Line it's 5K cheaper. Not sure the ST-Line is worth the extra 5K, doesn't really seem to get you much more than some cosmetic tweaks here and there.

0 0 0

2. Re: PCP - keep going 'til the end or VT now? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    I looked at the S-Max in Abingdon that was up for 18K, it's no Q7 but it'll do, so put down a deposit, pick it up Friday.

VT was served on VWFS yesterday which they have acknowledged already.

I'm going to really miss the Q7, it's been an incredible experience but alas one that has to come to an end. I am going to regret this I know, but the car is depreciating faster than a brick! Two dealers have only offered me 30K, the settlement figure is 36. The balloon due in December is 30K, so if the car is only worth 30 now what will it be worth in 9-10 months time? 25K? So there's absolutely no point running this contract to the end. I'm not going to pay 30K for a car that is worth 25. And VT'ing now saves me about 7K going forwards. It's all down to numbers.

I'm actually quite sad, the kids have enjoyed "Quentin" but they've already moved on and named the new car "Ruby", they haven't even seen it yet (other than some pics)!

Maybe in a few years time I'll dip my toe back in, although by then a used VW Tiguan Allspace might be an affordable alternative.

Cheers,

Fronty

0 1 0

3. Re: PCP - keep going 'til the end or VT now? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Sorry to hear your predicament Fronty. I’m surprised your offers are so low given your Q7’s age and spec.

Looks like you’re making the right choice.
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

4. Re: PCP - keep going 'til the end or VT now? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Hey Fronty, yeah not a good position to be in but the right choice it seems

Good luck with the new motor... dont disappear on us!

Andy
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

5. Re: PCP - keep going 'til the end or VT now? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srbsq7 View Post
    Sorry to hear your predicament Fronty. I’m surprised your offers are so low given your Q7’s age and spec.

Looks like you’re making the right choice.
    When they entered my the reg into the HPI web site, it came up with all the options and said they cost 11K when the car was new, which sounded about right.

However I don't think options necessarily make a car more valuable when looking at the used market, they just make it more saleable.

0 0 0

6. PCP - keep going 'til the end or VT now? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fronty View Post
    When they entered my the reg into the HPI web site, it came up with all the options and said they cost 11K when the car was new, which sounded about right.

However I don't think options necessarily make a car more valuable when looking at the used market, they just make it more saleable.
    That’s the thing with options which is a real shame - cost a fair whack when ordering new, don’t give the return when we sell

I’d hate to see what my Q is worth...Good luck with the S-Max

0 0 0

7. Re: PCP - keep going 'til the end or VT now? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Still waiting for BCA to come and pick up my car today, they've just called to say they can't come now (they're short of drivers today apparently) and will have to do it on Wednesday, a bit of a pain as the next payment to VWFS is due any day, might cancel the DD to stop them taking it. Think their phone lines are open till 8pm so will give them a call first. A bit of a shambles though. Car looks lovely all cleaned and polished but it's sat there on the driveway not going anywhere, I even SORNed it on Friday to save myself a months worth of road tax, not paying 40 odd quid just for a couple days, sod that! :-)

0 0 0

8. Re: PCP - keep going 'til the end or VT now? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    VWFS confirmed no more payments due so no problem for me to cancel the DD, mileage allowance will get recalculated on Wednesday as the confirmation letter was 2 weeks ago now, so that'll save me a bit more on excess mileage (I'm about 2000 miles over).

0 1 0

9. Re: PCP - keep going 'til the end or VT now? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    I read elsewhere today that options do not get added onto the car GFV, so you are basically paying for them over the 3 years, so a big chunk of my monthly payment was just paying over the 11K's worth of options. I didn't realise this, wish I'd known at the time I might not have gone so mad. My GFV is only 30.5K after 3 years, someone with a Vorsprung told me their GFV was more like 44K, so a big difference, they only put down a 5K deposit and were paying <£600/month, it made me want to cry!

0 0 0

10. Re: PCP - keep going 'til the end or VT now? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Fronty that’s is precisely why I ended up going for the Vorsprung. Even though it had features I would never have ordered (if they had of been available as options on a BE) it made sense when you looked at the figures.

Oh and if helped me with the man-maths when I was putting it to the missus!
    VW Passat GT 4 Motion 2.0 BiTdi, '16MY in Midnight Blue, keyless entry, memory seats, active info display and Discover Nav Pro
    Audi A7 20MY Vorsprung 3.0tdi in Daytona grey, with optional rear cup holders! (Previously A7 16my S Line)

0 0 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast