1. White bulbs for 1.4 TSI ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a 2015 model with awful "yellow" headlights. The glasses have been cleaned with the proper stuff but to no avail.
    Can any-one suggest a conversion to the white lights I'm blinded with from other cars, I understand you can't just fit new bulbs as the original reflectors are not made for these.

0 0 0

2. Re: White bulbs for 1.4 TSI ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The Phillips +150% are fully road legal and give a very good white light without dazzling the poor sod coming the other way.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: White bulbs for 1.4 TSI ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    I wouldn't call 3500K ( Philips own spec sheet for the H7 ) a white light , it's warm white .

And the bulb life of 200 hrs is brief .

0 0 0

4. Re: White bulbs for 1.4 TSI ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Sounds comfortable and legal, in my Octavia they are good and easy to live with and so far have lasted 3 years. I did fit new headlights when I put them in, mine were faded and this polishing lark was no good back then but now there are some decent systems for refinishing the covers.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: White bulbs for 1.4 TSI ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What about these on eBay ??
    H7 Xenon White Headlight Light Bulbs 100w Super All Weather 477 Headlamp Car 12v

0 0 0

6. Re: White bulbs for 1.4 TSI ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    A 100w bulb will use almost twice the current of a 55w bulb & will put the cars wiring under a lot of strain.

The voltage drop with the higher current will mean that you get less voltage at the lamp.

It might end up being no brighter than a good quality 55w one ( as mentioned above ) while burning out your wiring at the same time.

2 2 0

7. Re: White bulbs for 1.4 TSI ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I can't see your link but they are also illegal, likely to melt the headlight bulb fitting and damage the cover

Try these from one of our sponsors, Sucuri WebSite Firewall - Access Denied (odd link, but it works)

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0