1. Unusual Exhaust Leak 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    During really cold weather when the outside air temperature is around freezing I get a whiff of exhaust gas when I fire up from cold and it would appear to be coming from close to the dpf / turbo area, I have even seen a little exhaust smoke puffing up from the back of the bonnet. There are no leaks when hot or on hot start up situations.

Ever heard of similar leak? It's a 2ltr diesel

0 0 0

2. Re: Unusual Exhaust Leak 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Try tightening the clamp bolt. I had the same problem with mine, it was a couple of turns loose. Good luck.

0 0 0

3. Re: Unusual Exhaust Leak 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I've had exactly the same issue, I think there is a flexi pipe that breaks, the clamp rots or it detaches - I'm not sure. However I started getting a noisy blow from the area and a local garage fixed it for free in about 5 minutes! I originally had an issue with a connection here which way back was fixed under warranty!
    Audi A6 2008 Saloon Sline 2.0 Tdi BRE
    Vw Passat B7 1.6 tdi 2012 estate

Previously - 2008 1.6 tdi Mini, 2006 Mazda Mx5 1.8, 2002 Vw Golf 1.9 tdi SE, 2010 Bmw 318d Msport, 1992 Porsche 944 2.5 turbo, 1986 Porsche 944 2.5 NA, 1984 Porsche 944 2.5 NA

0 0 0

4. Re: Unusual Exhaust Leak 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Yes the circular clamp being loose is common, sometimes it happens when the DPF has been off and the clamp/seal has not been replaced.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Unusual Exhaust Leak 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for the replies, i've not been on here in months. It went in for it's mot way back in mid January 2020 and eventually passed without any mention of a leak. As the weeks went by it stopped leaking but sure as night follows day the small leak returned when the weather turned frosty.

Now it's test time again so I will take it for a good high speed run to warm it up before the test and see how it goes.

Since lockdown started in March last year I have only filled the tank three times.

0 0 0