Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Audi A4 Avant 2.0 tdi 2006 B7 BRE

I've spent a few days trawling through the forums but can't find a definitive answer for my car.
    The EML has come on, OBD codes P2100, P2102 and P2108.
    These all point to a fault with the anti shudder valve.
    When I clear the codes the EML goes off and remains off until the engine is turned off and re-started, then the EML comes back on and the same codes are generated.

I've removed the valve cleaned and inspected it (part number 03G 128 063 C)
    The electronics compartment was full of oil and I've cleared this using carb cleaner.
    There are no broken teeth on any of the gear wheels and no sign of overheating or any other damage.
    The flap moves freely over it's full range and springs back to the open position.
    I've also used a multimeter to check fuses F1 (air conditioning), F4 (radiator fan), F6 (air conditioning) and F25 (heater blower) and all are ok.

I've read that other members have replaced the valve and this has not solved the problem.
    Before I go down that route I'd like to carry out voltage checks at the four pin connector and continuity checks back to the ECU connectors but haven't been able to find any wiring diagrams or information about the power supply or signal lines.

Any help would be much appreciated.

A4 Avant 2.0 tdi B7 S-Line

0 0 0

2. Re: V157 motor for intake manifold flap 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    Did you take out the drive motor when you had the plastic electronics cover off ?

The motor commutator & brushes all get covered with the semi-conductive oil & need washing off with solvent.

I think you would have a different code if it was a wiring fault.

0 0 0

3. Re: V157 motor for intake manifold flap 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I didn’t but I’ll give it a try tomorrow, thanks for the advice

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. Motor for Intake Manifold Flap (V157): Malfunction
    By b1nuzz in forum Audi A6 - C6 Forum - 2005 - 2010
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 20-11-2019, 02:46 PM
  2. Motor for Intake Manifold Flap V157 Malfunction P3103
    By Bubbauk in forum Audi A6 - C6 Forum - 2005 - 2010
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 14-02-2017, 11:11 PM
  3. Please Help V157 P3101, P3102 Motor for intake manifold flap MIL Fault investigation
    By rabb5it in forum Golf MK5 - 2004 - 2009
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21-04-2014, 10:53 AM
  4. P3103 V157 - Motor Intake Manifold Flap
    By James Clews in forum Audi A3 - 8P - 2004 - 2012
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-02-2014, 09:33 PM
  5. Intake Manifold Flap (V157)
    By SebastianTDI140 in forum Passat - B6 Forum - 2005 - 2010
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 15-06-2010, 08:07 PM