Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Middle lane hoggers your thoughts?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Middle lane hoggers your thoughts? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Okay or not okay? I think I'm mostly against it but I see why some people do it as on a busy motorway getting back to the inside lane is often a bit of a hassle if its chock full of lorries.

0 0 0

2. Re: Middle lane hoggers your thoughts? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Left lane 60 , middle 70 , right 70+ , simples .

Moving lanes alot is increasing risk .

1 2 0

3. Re: Middle lane hoggers your thoughts? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I’m ok with middle lane hoggers only if inner lane is quite busy and they would need to pull back to the middle again when the speed differential is not that great.
    Not ok with it if inner lane is clear for a good distance.
    What annoys me is dual carriageway outer lane hoggers late on when the inside is empty for miles. I get this often on the way home after 9pm. I’m too polite to flash them or undertake, maybe I should?
    66 plate A4 3.0tdi quattro S line
    16 plate A6 3.0tdi quattro s line - gone @ 23.5k
    58 plate A4 3.0tdi quattro se, leather sports seats, no other goodies - gone @ 139k
    56 plate A3 2.0T quattro s line - gone @ 50k
    Y plate A6 2.5tdi quattro sport - gone @ £145k

0 0 0

4. Re: Middle lane hoggers your thoughts? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazwould View Post
    Left lane 60 , middle 70 , right 70+ , simples .

Moving lanes alot is increasing risk .
    70+ ... tsk tsk tsk

0 0 0

5. Re: Middle lane hoggers your thoughts? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Increases risk of what? Staying awake?
    If changing lanes at any speed feels risky you’re either doing it too late or completely incompetent.

Lane 1 - driving lane
    Lane 2 - overtaking
    Lane 3 - overtake lane 2 etc

Driving in the middle lane when not overtaking = *******!!!!

0 0 0

6. Re: Middle lane hoggers your thoughts? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    They should be stopped, dragged from the car and hanged at the road side with their bodies left dangling in the wind to rot as a reminder to others so inclined...
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 2 0

7. Re: Middle lane hoggers your thoughts? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Any Lane except Lane 1 is an overtaking lane.

Excepting major congestion where there are just long queues of vehicles it should be pretty much impossible to "undertake" as the vehicle in Lane 2 (etc.) should only be there if they are OVERTAKING something and likely to complete the overtake reasonably soon.

I won't mention pottering along, on cruise control, at sub speed limit - lots of Gatso's - in Lane 1 of a section of the 4 lane M1 while in Lane 3 there is a big Jag "holding up" a big line of traffic, some of which is trying to ease out into a similarly congested Lane 4.

You know the ones - the FAST & FASTER lanes

I went underneath the lot........with an EMPTY Lane 2 as my safety space. And carried on in Lane 1, still on cruise, for probably another 10 miles before needing to use Lane 2 for an.... OVERTAKE.
    Oops I just did

Yes I've done the Lane 1, Lane 2, Lane 3, Lane 4 back into Lane 3, Lane 2 and Lane 1 manoeuvre to still see the vehicle I've just overtaken resolutely sat in Lane 3 apparently oblivious to which Lane they should be using. Or maybe they thought they were going "fast" so they chose to be in the Fast lane???

It's the first thing I noticed when riding the bike on a holiday to Germany - the European drivers (1) get out of the way and (2) will be pretty close to taking the front wheel off if there's a faster vehicle coming up behind. And yes, I did the same, even at 130mph, two up with luggage when a large German car on home territory closed me down - I'm guessing on the 155mph limiter. Sadly, the reverse was pretty much instantly in evidence when coming out of Dover to head back home.

IMHO Far more "resources" should be put into education and particularly space awareness (aka tailgating - especially trucks) than into speed cameras. But that cost lots of ££££'s and isn't simple, quick, cheap and "doing something" is it?

Andy.

0 1 0

8. Re: Middle lane hoggers your thoughts? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
    Far more "resources" should be put into education and particularly space awareness (aka tailgating - especially trucks) than into speed cameras.
    Speed cameras MAKE money AND keep the enviro evangelists quiet.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 2 0

9. Re: Middle lane hoggers your thoughts? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Speed cameras MAKE money AND keep the enviro evangelists quiet.
    Absolutely agree but IMHO in reality do little to nothing to actually make things significantly safer. More costly for the motorist - yes; safer - no.

If speed in itself was dangerous then Lewis Hamilton, Valentino Rossi, Guy Martin etc. etc. would all be er... dead.

IMHO On public roads, space and with it time to react and, of course, an alert, aware, competent, skillful and considerate driver/rider are the key to arriving at a destination rather than in A&E or a Police Station cell.

Andy.

0 1 0

10. Re: Middle lane hoggers your thoughts? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    It is nothing in comparison to this latest idea of banning the sale of all internal combustion engined cars, but not motorbikes! Someone needs to start a protest movement, I would if I had the time and knew how. I can't believe a Tory government would be so stupid, if they had said this before the election I would probably voted Labour because even JC could not be this insane.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 2 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast