Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Middle lane hoggers your thoughts?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Middle lane hoggers your thoughts? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Education (or lack of, inability to retain etc.) is the main problem. I've met people who were of the mindset that the driving lane is for the old and poor, and for those with **** cars that break down frequently. Don't ask me how people come to those sorts of conclusions when they've allegedly take a driving theory test that shouldn't leave anything to the imagination...

I suspect though, as do many, that bad motorway discipline stems from the fact there is no practical motorway driving component to the UK driving test. Change the driving test to incorporate motorway theory and practical elements, and the standard will improve. A bit of enforcement would help too, if everyone thought they'd get hit with a (say for example) £75 fine for camping in the middle lane without a bloody good reason they might pay a little more attention to their rear-view mirrors.
    Genuine VCDS (all supported makes and years) and VCP (CAN-only vehicles) available in Burnley, Pendle, Ribble Valley and Craven areas.

0 0 0

2. Re: Middle lane hoggers your thoughts? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1813 Post(s)
    All the authority’s care about is speed in excess of the posted limit as it is cost positive to enforce. All other policing of driving is cost negative and not sexy for the balance sheets.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Middle lane hoggers your thoughts? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    All the authority’s care about is speed in excess of the posted limit as it is cost positive to enforce. All other policing of driving is cost negative and not sexy for the balance sheets.
    That's easy to fix.

Set the "fine" at, say, twice the real and full cost of all the bits that make it up - so, Police time/vehicle & electronic gizmo costs/Police admin/Court time and admin etc .etc. If that makes the fine several hundred or thousands of ££££'s then so be it.

0 0 0

4. Re: Middle lane hoggers your thoughts? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1813 Post(s)
    Yes but the open toe sandal wearing shouting heads would bleat about social injustice and all that ********, it would be far easier to hang them at the side of the road arbitrarily, then any whinging would be superfluous. And look at the cost benefit analysis, you would only have to dangle a few and the message would soon get through and the rotting corpses would last quite a long time before needing replacement.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

5. Re: Middle lane hoggers your thoughts? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Allowing for mis-reading speedometer - perhaps..?!

0 0 0

6. Re: Middle lane hoggers your thoughts? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Middle lane hogging is an absolute horror of our roads. It makes motorway driving difficult for the rest of us, when it doesn't need to be. Last week I drove from Scotland down to the Lakes and back again the next day. Both times at quiet times. What should have been a pleaseant and relaxing drive was frequently ruined by middle lane hoggers disrupting the flow of traffic, and disrupting the people who did know how to use the lanes properly. And this was on a quiet motorway.

Pull in as soon you can safely do so, unless you'll need to *immediately* pull out again. Thats how it works. And if everyone does that, the road flows along beautifully and safely.

Until you come across a numpty that thinks this :-

Quote Originally Posted by Gazwould View Post
    Left lane 60 , middle 70 , right 70+ , simples .

Moving lanes alot is increasing risk .
    You simply couldn't be more wrong. You can make up your own random rules of the road if you like, but you'd be wrong.

In the 90s and 00s I did a huge amount of long distance driving up and down UK, and driving manners were far better. What has happened?
    2017 Golf GTI 3 door mk7.5, Red, purchased 2020

0 0 0

7. Re: Middle lane hoggers your thoughts? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1813 Post(s)
    Since lockdown ended (hopefully) I think the standard of driving has gone down the toilet, people are so aggressive, drive so hard at stopped traffic and slam their brakes on, drive up your ****, hooting and shouting at people, undertaking, all sorts... crackers, and not a patrol car in sight, I haven't seen one in weeks; probaly all the plods are in the station completing their diversity training courses and filling out woke awareness forms... sod the anarchy on the roads, speed cameras will deal with all of that! All Pepa Pig is interested in is saving the planet with his mate Carlie and Gritter Turdburg

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: Middle lane hoggers your thoughts? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I completely agree about the deteriorating driving standards. Does the vax cause brain damage???

BTW Petition signed!!

0 0 0

9. Re: Middle lane hoggers your thoughts? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1813 Post(s)
    Maybe, I just got cut up on the ring road near the City hospital by a Skoda Rabid and I was doing 41, completely pointless as he then tuned off… must have been in a hurry to die.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

10. Re: Middle lane hoggers your thoughts? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What annoys me is dual carriageway outer lane hoggers late on when the inside is empty for miles. I get this often on the way home after 9pm. I’m too polite to flash them or undertake, maybe I should?

Last edited by benforseter_21; 23-12-2022 at 04:52 PM.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast