1. Dpf not regenerating 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi I have bought an Audi a3 2.0 Tdi that has ended up a dubious sold as seen nightmare.
    I had an engine light on and the dpf coil blinking so after reading it's ecu codes I've replaced the O2 sensor and the Egr valve.
    And went for a mega run out, the lights back on and now the car is actually saying it has a dpf issue.
    The gearing in the egr valve had broken , it and it's feed pipe were proper mucky but the pipe was passing fumes.
    I don't mind fixing it tbh and have a new dpf ordered and on the way.
    Question is am i being an **** not just passing the car to audi, i think im on the right path.
    The only engine codes im getting are now pointing to a faulty inlet rudder baffle control but the throttle is responsive and as you would expect and im close to skint, so is my present path the way.
    Im going to fit as new dpf not a pipe or bypass , clean the inlet ,egr and it's feed pipe, reset The codes, pray.

0 0 0

2. Re: Dpf not regenerating 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    I doubt there is anything actually wrong with the DPF.

The ECU won't instigate or allow a regn while there is a problem with the EGR.

You also state "
    The only engine codes im getting are now pointing to a faulty inlet rudder baffle control ".
    Do you mean the throttle valve ?

If that is also malfunctioning it will also prevent the regen process.

You need to get the EGR either deleted or fixed first.

Any fault code related with the EGR, throttle valve, or DPF sensors will prevent the DPF regenerating.

So get these fixed & cleared first before doing anything with the DPF.

Then give it a run & check for any other codes.

0 0 0

3. Re: Dpf not regenerating 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    What is the engine type code, which diagnostic system are you using and have you fitted and calibrated a new DPF pressure sensor?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: Dpf not regenerating 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi thanks for replying.
    Im using a Vgate scan code scanner.
    No dpf pressure sensor swap yet.
    The Egr is fixed, it's a new one.
    The codes I've been seeing are -
    12600-038
    00304-230
    04374-169

Pre o2 sensor and egr replaced.

Now 00304-038
    And 04374-041

The dpf sensor got mentioned by my mechanic mate yesterday so it's top of the list , probably Friday before i can get one due to time of year.

Looking back at mot history the car went missing for 6-7 years 2011-18 so I expect more issues.

I have performed a service too oil, filters etc.
    Sorry the engine is BMN on a 2006 , first of the dpfs
    Last edited by The1andonlyMrK; 25-12-2019 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Added engine type

0 0 0

5. Re: Dpf not regenerating 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Oh God no, not a BMN, forget it... that engine is a disaster. Is the DPF even still fitted? If the DPF is still there, only fit a genuine sensor bought from an Audi dealer, we have had so many problems with aftermarket sensors, especially those made by FAE and Febi, that we will no longer fit them. If the DPF is still there it almost certainly will be blocked and will have to be cleaned before you go any further and if the sensor is telling the truth now, it is blocked. The previous owner was probably advised by someone like me to unload it which is what we do when we get a BMN engined VAG product in with a problem, the most common cause of problems is the injectors which at £1531.20 a set EXCHANGE, plus fitting, it is no surprise people won’t take a £2K chance on the fixing the car, not including the blocked DPF they have caused.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: Dpf not regenerating 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for your reply, ill fix it with a proper pressure sensor, thanks for the heads up , i fitted a bosch o2 sensor , that's ok i hope.
    The innards did look complete when I replaced the o2 so I think it's blocked, it is passing exhaust gas though has it got a bypass?.
    I think the last (real)owner just drove it , didn't service or fix anything.
    Someone had spliced in a scrapyard o2 sensor ,ntk, and I think the pre dpf pressure sensor has had some messing since it too is spliced into the loom on bullet crimps.
    I think the Egr was broken a while and possibly the dpf has had a hard life sat for 7 years with **** in it then expected to work again.
    Thinking the new dpf can't hurt IF i get any other issues sorted , the inlet in full will get a clean out with the new dpf.

Im stuck with this car a bit and realise i should do what I can to make it right.

It's also had a wheel bearing which fixed my abs as a bonus and the rear seazed brake's have been refurbished back to life.

Been a lemon but it's low mileage , and otherwise mint.
    Should have been on here pre purchase though clearly.
    Last edited by The1andonlyMrK; 26-12-2019 at 03:19 AM.

0 0 0

7. Re: Dpf not regenerating 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    BMN is one of those few engine codes that hasn't the twin Lanchester balancer shafts module , so less to worry about on that point of view .

0 0 0