Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All

I've just swapped my 2007 D3 for a 2010 D4. Keyless entry isn't working for any door, ie the car doesn't unlock when my hand is near any handle and doesn't lock with any sensor. VCDS is giving me 03287 - Sensors for Contact with Door Handles 010 - Open or Short to Plus, ie nothing specific about which door handle might be at fault. It seems odd that all the door handles don't work - I had this on my D3 but for just the driver's door handle. Is there a 'master' component that might be the culprit? Many thanks!

Cheers - Graham

0 0 0

2. Re: A8 D4 Keyless entry not working on any door 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Hi!
    Are you sure your car has the Keyless entry?
    Not all the D4s have it as standard, even though the dorr handles look as though it's fitted.

Have a look at the sticker in the front of the manual and check the codes.

0 0 0

3. Re: A8 D4 Keyless entry not working on any door 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for that, and a good question! The car was advertised as an SE Exec but when I'd traveled 200 miles to look at it turns out it was just an SE. Weirdly it has some of the SE Exec hallmarks: electric boot, 19" wheels and maybe / maybe not keyless entry, but no reverse camera. The car is bristling with all the gadgets I wanted though and only 49k on the clock so I bought it and will retrofit the camera. I will check the codes tonight but I know for certain it has Advanced Key from a printout Audi gave me. It it possible to have Advanced Key with keyless start but without keyless entry?

0 0 0

4. Re: A8 D4 Keyless entry not working on any door 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Yes. Yes you can have Advanded Key with Keyless Start, but without the Keyless Entry.

My last D4 had the Keyless Start, but not the Keyless Entry. It just means Audi can charge more on the options front..... It can be retrofitted, but is a right **** by all accounts. And very expensive.
    For me, the correct seats and radar cruise were the things I wanted. My D3 is missing the radar cruise - and I miss it for all those stupid average speed zones springing up.

I would prefer to have Sport suspension too, but I don't think the UK D4s came with that option. Some of the D5s have, so next time - if I have enough ££, I'll be looking for a Sport model.

0 0 0

5. Re: A8 D4 Keyless entry not working on any door 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Okay, have checked options code and have 42F which according to the PDF here (web interface not working for me) is Central locking system "Keyless Entry". So looks like I have it but grateful if anyone else with keyless entry could confirm.

I miss keyless entry from my D3 and would like to get it working if I have it installed but wouldn't pay for a retrofit. Yeah - new car has adaptive cruise, high beam assist, side assist and night vision as well as other stuff and it's enough gadgets to keep me happy for a while. Audi hold assist seems to be standard and I'm enjoying that as well in busy traffic.

0 0 0

6. Re: A8 D4 Keyless entry not working on any door 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    I never used the hold assist.

With regard to your keyless entry, it does sound like a fault as opposed to not being there.
    I presume you have tried to clear the fault?

0 0 0

7. Re: A8 D4 Keyless entry not working on any door 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes - tried to clear the fault several times but just comes back. My car is booked in for a service in the New Year so will get my garage to have a look then. I will report back.

Have a try at hold assist - I love it! You have to explicitly turn it on every time you start the car but in busy traffic (around town for example) it's great. Once the car is stopped the brake is automatically applied just like you had applied the parking brake, so you can take your foot off the brake pedal. Much more relaxing I find.

0 0 0

8. Re: A8 D4 Keyless entry not working on any door 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi,
    this may or may not be of help. I have had similar issues with an A8 and VW cars and it it related to a cracked PCB behind door handle. On the A8 it was a replacement part on front passenger door (PCB located behind handle giving problems, and on the VW it was rear door handle PCB. The cause of both: slamming doors closed. Apparently its causes the PCB to crack causing open circuit. Not a great design.
    Karl

0 0 0

9. Re: A8 D4 Keyless entry not working on any door 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for that Karl! I'm sure it will be of use to someone however I think my problem is the door sensors. My car was in for service yesterday and one of the extra jobs was testing whether a new but lower cost version of 4G8927753B made any difference. Id did, and for a time keyless was working as normal. Problem is that it seems that the sensors in some/all of the other handles have gone as well, so next job is to replace them all. The cheap versions from China seems to be okay for the job so for anyone in this position:

This thread has the replacement procedure

Search eBay for 4G8927753B and you can find four sensors for about £30

0 0 0