1. Water in the footwell!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi folks, I have the age old problem of water in the passenger & rear passenger footwell. It’s not a waterlogged plenum chamber (all checked & drain clear) but a knackered gasket on the bottom of the pollen filter housing. When I removed the housing the gasket had disintegrated. Also got some damage to the housing as some idiot has been there before me & clearly had the grace & touch of an elephant! Anyone know where I can get a replacement gasket or indeed complete housing at a reasonable cost? Using the inter-web keeps directing me to eBay & £50 for the housing - seems quite expensive for a bit of plastic less than the size of a paint tray. Otherwise I guess it’s a trip to the scrappys for an alternative 15 year old plastic tray.

0 0 0

2. Re: Water in the footwell!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Update....... visited my local scrappys. First pollen filter tray I found was trashed. All mounting point burst. Second one though was decent. Some damage to the mounting point under the windscreen trim but fixed that back in place with my trusty hot glue gun. Gasket wasn’t brilliant but it was better than the one I had. All bolted down & appears to be sealing fine. Happy days!!!

0 0 0

3. Re: Water in the footwell!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    If you still find water in the left footwell, remove the passenger footwell kick trim and locate the wiring harness right at the front, there's a water pipe for the rear washer that runs behind the wiring with a snap connector that comes apart, rejoin and tape/heat shrink it.

Remember to check the convenience module under the passenger seat for water ingress and dry out the carpet insulation otherwise you'll get steamy windows.
    2003 A6 C5 2.5 TDI Quattro Avant (180bhp)

0 0 0

4. Re: Water in the footwell!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc B View Post
    inter-web keeps directing me to eBay & £50 for the housing - seems quite expensive for a bit of plastic less than the size of a paint tray
    I know it is a bit late but I cannot get over people’s inability to look beyond fleaBay, this part is Audi part number 4B2 819 441 D and costs £29.60 including VAT retail over the counter at an Audi dealers parts department... including the base seal.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

5. Re: Water in the footwell!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi All, Sorry to hijack, let me know if I should create my own thread. I too have issue of water, pulled up carpet this morning and found decent amount of water, mostly soaked in carpet, I will investigate the various common causes later. What brought me to look was the key fob doesnt work. When using key manually sometimes alarm goes off untill i put in ignition. I also noticed I couldnt use the unlock button after opening door manually. So, I disconnected the CCM and checked it. It looks OK and no water inside although there is evidence its been damp. After i quick cleanup the unlock button seem to now work but not the key fob. A short while after then unlock button stopped working. Im also unsure how to get fob working as trying to follow sync method (only 1 key) didnt work. How do I know if I need a new CCM, also I have a feeling someone has previously messed around under the carpet, so how woould I also knwo that the CCM installed (4B0962258N) is the correct one?and where would be best place to source one if I need to replace?

Help much appreciated.

IMG_20200317_072325190.jpgIMG_20200317_072319789_BURST001.jpg

0 0 0

6. Re: Water in the footwell!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    If you dry it out and spray it with contact cleaner it may come back to life.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Water in the footwell!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    That appears to be the right part number for VIN 4B-3-000 001 onwards. Line up the characters with yours and see if yours is later, as in you have 3 or bigger between the dashes.

Did you give any messy looking bits a rub over with a fibreglass pencil to clean things up, then a rinse with IPA or similar like Crasher suggested?

I always ask dealer what these parts cost, and then look on eBay for one in UK from a breaker that has a decent number and quality of feedback. They can't always test them so you may get a duff one, but that can usually be sorted.

0 0 0

8. Re: Water in the footwell!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    That part is 4B0 962 258 N is still available, £400.08...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: Water in the footwell!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VAG-Abound View Post
    That appears to be the right part number for VIN 4B-3-000 001 onwards. Line up the characters with yours and see if yours is later, as in you have 3 or bigger between the dashes.

Did you give any messy looking bits a rub over with a fibreglass pencil to clean things up, then a rinse with IPA or similar like Crasher suggested?

I always ask dealer what these parts cost, and then look on eBay for one in UK from a breaker that has a decent number and quality of feedback. They can't always test them so you may get a duff one, but that can usually be sorted.

Thanks for info, I will follow this method this evening. I have peeled back the carpet on passenger side which is pretty sodden. I can feel a sponge area at the back of the glove box which is full of water. Im guessing this is the problem. Any ideas where I should be looking for this? I found a how to for the evaporator drain which im going to look into.

Thanks

0 0 0

10. Re: Water in the footwell!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I checked beneath the battery and it was dry and wasnt blocked. The water appears to be coming front firewall in passenger side. What is bes tto check in terms of pollen filter? I can see the filter has a crack in it, but the cowel below windscreen seems to sit OK?

IMG_20200318_073259389.jpg

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast