Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Audi A3 2.0L TDI 2010 Central locking offside front and rear door not working

1. Audi A3 2.0L TDI 2010 Central locking offside front and rear door not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all,

I have had a browse on the forum but I cant seem to navigate it very well and haven’t found a post with a similar problem (apologies if there are similar posts!)

So down to the problem...

I am unable to open my driver side front and rear doors when using the key fob to unlock the car. The fob unlocks passenger side doors and boot fine. It also locks all the doors, or at least appears to lock the driver side too. I have to use the key to unlock the driver side door, then use the handle inside on the rear door to open it.

A few things I’ve tried and found out are:

-Fob opens the windows when the unlock button is held
    -Central locking opens with fob near side doors
    -I’ve changed the battery twice in the fob, to no avail. I changed the battery initially as it had depleted and it was around this time that the doors stopped working (coincidence maybe?)
    -the central locking button on the inside of the driver’s side door locks near side doors, not the offside doors. The light indicating that the doors are locked next to the button isn’t lit up
    -fuses checked - all ok.

Not sure there’s anything else to say about it. If i think of anything I will edit this post.

I have been quote £250-350 per door to change out the control module which is a lot of money I don’t want to fork out for just yet in case someone else has had a similar problem and can give me some advice?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers!

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi A3 2.0L TDI 2010 Central locking offside front and rear door not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)
    Peel back the rubber gator between the car and door, ive had to change the loom on my drivers door as a few wires had frayed and snapped.

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi A3 2.0L TDI 2010 Central locking offside front and rear door not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Take it you have tried the reset procedure?

How to Program a Keyless Remote for My Car | It Still Runs

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi A3 2.0L TDI 2010 Central locking offside front and rear door not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanfenton View Post
    Peel back the rubber gator between the car and door, ive had to change the loom on my drivers door as a few wires had frayed and snapped.

I’ve had a look and the wires seem fine, no fraying or breaks

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi A3 2.0L TDI 2010 Central locking offside front and rear door not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah i have tried this and nothing seems to be working :/

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi A3 2.0L TDI 2010 Central locking offside front and rear door not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Whoever you spoke to about it professionally should have told you to get the convenience system and door controllers read for fault codes. the correct way to do this is a “global” scan which is then printed/saved, full code clear, the convenience system cycled and the re-read, this allows you to see which codes come back quickly availing a knee jerk reaction to what we call “ghost codes”. You will probably find the drivers door controller is faulty (part of the window motor) as the front door controls the rear and those used up to the 2010 model year build (yours may be a 2009 model year) were a known issue.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0