Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi All

Looking at purchasing a 2015 BiTDI C7. Anything in particular I need to look out for with this engine/gearbox/drivetrain combo?

The one I am interested has covered 50k miles. Any big maintenance jobs looming?

Have had a c7 2.0TDI ultra for 3 years so familiar with the platform.

Thanks
    Trevor

0 0 0

2. Re: C7 BiTDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi T-REV,

I am a relative newbie but welcome... I have has my BiTDi (64) for a few weeks now. Fantastic car! At 50,000 miles you will be needing to get the gearbox oil changed on your 8 speed tiptronic box by 60,000, 70,000 or 80,000 depending on who you listen to. Fairly large job looks like several hundred but cheaper than a new box. Mine is much higher mileage than yours and is looking for its second gearbox oil change in the near future.

The power and torque are immense though, enjoy!

Harvy
    A6 Avant 3.0 BiTDi 320ps Quattro S-Line 11/14

0 0 0

3. Re: C7 BiTDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvy23 View Post
    Hi T-REV,

I am a relative newbie but welcome... I have has my BiTDi (64) for a few weeks now. Fantastic car! At 50,000 miles you will be needing to get the gearbox oil changed on your 8 speed tiptronic box by 60,000, 70,000 or 80,000 depending on who you listen to. Fairly large job looks like several hundred but cheaper than a new box. Mine is much higher mileage than yours and is looking for its second gearbox oil change in the near future.

The power and torque are immense though, enjoy!

Harvy
    Hi Harvey

Thanks/ I appreciate the reply. What king of driving and MPG do you get?

Trevor

0 0 0

4. Re: C7 BiTDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Several hundred for a ZF8 ATF change

0 0 0

5. Re: C7 BiTDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Morning Trevor,

To be honest I have not done a lot of long distance miles since I bought the car. Just how things have fallen recently (someone hit it while it was parked in a carpark, so didn’t have it for 3 weeks while the bumper and grill were replaced). The most accurate ‘normal driving’ mpg I can give you in the drive back from Surrey to Yorkshire when I first bought it. For the spirited test drive, 30 mins of idling outside for sorting insurance and tax (my father in law was cold), some test pulls on the motorway but only up to 70 mph and lots of sitting in traffic it returned 42mpg. When I first got the car it had still got the ‘long term memory’ information displayed. In that over the last 19,000 miles it had averaged 39mph at 39mpg. So I don’t think that is too bad. On short trips of 15 mins or less through small villages it returns about 27-29 but so far I always drive it in dynamic mode and using the manual paddle shift. I’ve no doubt in efficiency mode and automatic it would do better. Manual is too much fun though!

Morning Gazwould,

I’m only going from the paperwork that I have for my car showing that the oil alone for the gearboxoil change was £276.66, labour was free as it was a condition of the previous owner buying the car. From what I understand it’s possible to change the oil yourself if you have a pit (thread on here) but I’m keen to have it flushed through properly or surely the torque converter will retain too much of the old fluid to make it a full change?

0 0 0

6. Re: C7 BiTDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    I've a German ZF 7 speed and a complete flush inc TC 9.5l is £350 dealers and £200-225 independents .

0 0 0

7. Re: C7 BiTDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazwould View Post
    I've a German ZF 7 speed and a complete flush inc TC 9.5l is £350 dealers and £200-225 independents .
    Well that’s pretty reasonable. I had assumed that the dealers would be prohibitively expensive, I’ll give them a call, see what they quote me and report back.

0 0 0

8. Re: C7 BiTDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvy23 View Post
    Morning Trevor,

To be honest I have not done a lot of long distance miles since I bought the car. Just how things have fallen recently (someone hit it while it was parked in a carpark, so didn’t have it for 3 weeks while the bumper and grill were replaced). The most accurate ‘normal driving’ mpg I can give you in the drive back from Surrey to Yorkshire when I first bought it. For the spirited test drive, 30 mins of idling outside for sorting insurance and tax (my father in law was cold), some test pulls on the motorway but only up to 70 mph and lots of sitting in traffic it returned 42mpg. When I first got the car it had still got the ‘long term memory’ information displayed. In that over the last 19,000 miles it had averaged 39mph at 39mpg. So I don’t think that is too bad. On short trips of 15 mins or less through small villages it returns about 27-29 but so far I always drive it in dynamic mode and using the manual paddle shift. I’ve no doubt in efficiency mode and automatic it would do better. Manual is too much fun though!
    Thanks for the information. Very useful.

0 0 0

9. Re: C7 BiTDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I have had a C7 BiTDI (64plate) for just over 2 years now and I love it. I mainly do long motorway drives and it just eats up the miles. my long term MPG over that last 46,000 miles is 42 MPG. I normally drive in comfort setting and this is fine on the motorway - 70 mph is around 1,200 RPM and I have achieved as high as 50mpg but had to drive very 'carefully'. I have set a speed warning alarm in the dash as it is far too easy to exceed the speed limits when planting your foot and accelerating no matter what speed you are doing or what drive mode you are in.

Occasionally I will have a spirited drive down some country roads and the economy drops to late 20's. But when you put the car in dynamic and it transforms in to a different beast its worth it. Only additional costs to servicing I have had is a set of front discs and pads (due to a binding caliper) and a full set of tyres which is required on all cars.

0 0 0

10. Re: C7 BiTDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    I absolutely would of gone for an Audi 3.0tdi years ago , but WhereTF do you get to open it up and exploit it on crowded UK roads ?

Any performance car for that matter !

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast