Notices
 

  

User Tag List

Thread: Service intervals/tasks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. Service intervals/tasks 
    #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Swindon
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Despite much 'tinternet searching I am unable to find any definitive listing of service intervals and service tasks for a 2014 A6 Allroad 3.0 TDI.

    As the "service history" that came with the car is little more than a set of receipts, and there is no "service book" like old cars used to have, everything it seems is on the audi computer, and my local audi dealers are either less than helpful or basically incompetent, depending on ones point of view, i'm trying to work out what needs doing and when !!!

    The on-board computer "distance-to-go" to next service appears to bear no resemblance to any of the figures in any of the receipts !!

    Could anyone please advise me where I can find some relevant information ??

    Many thanks
    2014 Audi A6 Allroad (C7, 245bhp)
     
    0 0 0
     

  2. Re: Service intervals/tasks 
    #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    2,328
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaV6 View Post
    Despite much 'tinternet searching I am unable to find any definitive listing of service intervals and service tasks for a 2014 A6 Allroad 3.0 TDI.

    As the "service history" that came with the car is little more than a set of receipts, and there is no "service book" like old cars used to have, everything it seems is on the audi computer, and my local audi dealers are either less than helpful or basically incompetent, depending on ones point of view, i'm trying to work out what needs doing and when !!!

    The on-board computer "distance-to-go" to next service appears to bear no resemblance to any of the figures in any of the receipts !!

    Could anyone please advise me where I can find some relevant information ??

    Many thanks
    There are two service schedule options, Fixed which requires a service every 12 months or 10k miles(whichever is sooner) and Variable which requires a services every 19k miles or 2 years. On the car you will see two Service descriptions "Oil" and "Inspection". "Oil" is a basically change of fluids and "Inspection" is everything else. For cars on the Fixed schedule Oil is done every time and Inspection every other time. For Variable it is Oil and Inspection everytime, althought the car may decide it needs Oil before the inspection is due. Be aware that as your car is over 3 years old it is eligible for Audi's Fixed Price Servicing. Diesel filter is every 3 years or 40k, likewise transmission fluid
     
    0 0 0
     

  3. Re: Service intervals/tasks 
    #3
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I’d suggest going on line and contacting audi customer service , give them the registration and ask for the service history, i did this 3 times when looking for a car, took about a week each time, but i received a pdf of all the work done to each of the cars by the audi service network. Or ask the vendor to supply one in future. I was impressed with how easy it was.
     
    0 0 0
     

  4. Re: Service intervals/tasks 
    #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Swindon
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Many thanks for the replies

    Quote Originally Posted by Artiglio View Post
    I’d suggest going on line and contacting audi customer service , give them the registration and ask for the service history, i did this 3 times when looking for a car, took about a week each time, but i received a pdf of all the work done to each of the cars by the audi service network. Or ask the vendor to supply one in future. I was impressed with how easy it was.
    I have the PAST service history, but that tells me nowt about what is needed, or when, in the future !!

    Quote Originally Posted by johnsimcox View Post
    There are two service schedule options, Fixed which requires a service every 12 months or 10k miles(whichever is sooner) and Variable which requires a services every 19k miles or 2 years. On the car you will see two Service descriptions "Oil" and "Inspection". "Oil" is a basically change of fluids and "Inspection" is everything else. For cars on the Fixed schedule Oil is done every time and Inspection every other time. For Variable it is Oil and Inspection everytime, althought the car may decide it needs Oil before the inspection is due. Be aware that as your car is over 3 years old it is eligible for Audi's Fixed Price Servicing. Diesel filter is every 3 years or 40k, likewise transmission fluid
    Thanks, explains a lot .... working out the mileages on the past receipts I'm guessing this is on the "variable" setup .... however I was not aware that the "car" can change/decide when it would like an oil change !! That would explain the differences in the projected "distance-to-go" figures !! What parameters does it use to make this decision, or is it a simple marketing algorithim installed by Audi to increase their profits ???
    2014 Audi A6 Allroad (C7, 245bhp)
     
    0 0 0
     

  5. Re: Service intervals/tasks 
    #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    1,431
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Hi,

    Apart from the normal servicing you have;
    Brake fluid after 3 years and every 2 years from then on
    DSG oil change every 38-40,000 miles
    Fuel filter every 20,000 ??
    diff oil change no idea on mileage.
    Sunroof (if fitted) greased every 2 years.
    Cabin filter every 2 years
    Air filter every 2 years
    Might need aux belt and tensioners but not sure.

    Some of these timings might be out but that gives you a general idea. Lots of other stuff is covered by the inspection but they are just checks.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant
     
    0 0 0
     

  6. Re: Service intervals/tasks 
    #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    2,328
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaV6 View Post
    Many thanks for the replies



    I have the PAST service history, but that tells me nowt about what is needed, or when, in the future !!



    Thanks, explains a lot .... working out the mileages on the past receipts I'm guessing this is on the "variable" setup .... however I was not aware that the "car" can change/decide when it would like an oil change !! That would explain the differences in the projected "distance-to-go" figures !! What parameters does it use to make this decision, or is it a simple marketing algorithim installed by Audi to increase their profits ???
    Does the car not still have its service booklet in it. As a 2014 vehicle it predates Audi switching exclusively to digital service records so the booklet shuld explain what is required and when. Registering in the Owners Area of Audi.co.uk may also help you get information specific to your car. As to how the car decided on oil changes, it (I believe but here again it may be just marketing fluff) that it looks at the journey frequency and length (lots of short jouneys, not as good for the oil as fewer long journeys) and also inspects the clarity of the oil and adjusts the period accordingly
     
    0 0 0
     

  7. Re: Service intervals/tasks 
    #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    1,431
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Mine was a 2014 and was definitely digital service records only.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant
     
    0 0 0
     

  8. Re: Service intervals/tasks 
    #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    2,328
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott K View Post
    Mine was a 2014 and was definitely digital service records only.
    I thought it only came in with the facelift, obviously I am wrong


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
     
    0 0 0
     

  9. Re: Service intervals/tasks 
    #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    1,431
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Think it started about 2012 but it may have been rolled out at different times depending on model.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant
     
    0 0 0
     

  10. Re: Service intervals/tasks 
    #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Wessex. and Southern France
    Posts
    2,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    Hi, mine was a 2013 and definitely digital.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "
     
    0 0 0
     

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Service intervals
    By Crasher in forum Chat - Completely Off Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 31-01-2018, 01:37 PM
  2. service intervals
    By pollardive in forum Passat - B7 Forum - 2011 - 2015
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21-08-2015, 08:51 AM
  3. Service Intervals
    By hotbilly in forum Audi A4 - B8 Forum - 2008 - 2015
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-07-2010, 08:05 PM
  4. Service intervals
    By k6rff in forum Audi A4 - B8 Forum - 2008 - 2015
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 23-11-2009, 06:59 PM
  5. v6 tdi service intervals
    By Gcooper in forum Audi A4 - B6 Forum - 2002 - 2005
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




  


Disclaimer: VW Audi Forum is an "independant enthusiast website", administered in line with guidelines supplied by VAG in the UK, and is in no way related to any of the Worldwide Volkswagen,Audi,Seat,Skoda,Bentley,Bugatti,Porsche or Lamborghini group of Companies. For official up to date information on any of there vehicles, please visit the official websites. Any comments made throughout this website, are the views of the respective poster, and in no way represent the views of the VW Audi Forum Administration, or the worldwide Volkswagen & Audi Group of companies.


VW Audi Forum do not vet and are not responsible for any information which is posted in this forum. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.


Copyright: Certain "words", "phrases" and "Images" used on this website by the Administration are "Copyright" of Volkswagen GB, Volkswagen AG (Germany), Audi GB, Audi AG (Germany), Volkswagen Motorsport GB, Volkswagen Motorsport AG (Germany), Audi Motorsport AG (Germany), Volkswagen Racing GB, Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche and Lamborghini. No image can be replicated by anyone WITHOUT the relevant Companies written permission.


All trademarks and copyrights remain property of their respective owners.

No part of the VW Audi Forum website or forum may be reproduced without written permission from the site administration


PLEASE NOTE - PERSONAL ABUSE, ABUSE AGAINST THIS OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY COMPANY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. OFFENDERS WILL BE MODERATED OR EVEN BANNED.


This website and forum are best viewed at a minimum resolution of 1024 by 768.



  



- VW AUDI Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum - Volkswagen (VW) - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley - Bugatti - Lamborghini - Porsche - VW Audi Forum -


- www.vwaudiforum.co.uk - www.vwaudiforum.co.uk -