1. Wishbone 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hello everyone. Could someone help please ? I have a Passat estate 2014. The front wishbones are very corroded, they’re the steel ones. I’d like to change them. I’ve been doing some searching on the net, and on the ZF(LEMFÖRDER) site it lists only the aluminium wishbones. Can I fit the aluminium wishbones instead of the pressed steel ones? The original part numbers of my wishbones are 1K0407165 and 1K0407166. Thank you.

0 0 0

2. Re: Wishbone 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    You can fit the Shalambra wishbones but it can get pricey and few companies offered them last time I looked.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Wishbone 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thank you crasher for the quick reply. So The aluminium ones would fit ok? By the way, following your advice on the wishbone consoles, I managed to change both sides in less than 3 hours on my drive way 😊. Thank you!

0 0 0

4. Re: Wishbone 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Remember if you did not use alignment pins, get it checked...
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Wishbone 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I did use the pins. I took it to the dealers to have the alignment done too, and I was told the driver’s side camber (I think) was just off the mark?! I’d like to change the arms and shocks +top mounts before I take it back again for a 4 wheel alignment.

0 0 0

6. Re: Wishbone 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I have wanted to put a Powerflex ally wishbone and bush kit together for some time to go alongside the Superpro ones we sell, they look great

I recomend you use the Powerflex bushes anyway and this kit is uesfull for camber and caster errors VW Golf MK5 GTI R32 03-09 Powerflex FrArm Bushes Caster+Camber PFF85-501G/502G | eBay

The ally wishbones I can do for £113 each but these are complete minus the ball joint so if you wanted to use the Powerflex parts you would have to remove the new bushes, I have tried to get the bare but no one will do it unless I order a huge number.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Wishbone 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi Crasher. Sorry for the very late reply. I got 2 aluminium arms (Firstline) for £63 both sides, Including the console bushes. I still haven’t fitted them though. Thank you for your help and guidance, much appreciated!

0 0 0