1. Stop Start query 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Took delivery of the new car this week - 50 Quattro S-Line. Have to say, absolutely love it.

A quick question on the Stop Start. When I come to a stop the engine stops as expected but from time to time, the engine will rev and then stop again. I was expecting the engine to stop until I came to pull away again. This happens quite regularly.

Is this normal does anyone know?

Thanks
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________

Oct 2011 2.0tdi Avant, Special Edition, manual box, 19" rims in summer, 17" in winter

0 0 0

2. Re: Stop Start query 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Congrats on the car, enjoy they are great!!

Maybe different on mine as its not the same hybrid tech as yours, 50 is 48v vs 24v I think on mine.

Mine does not do it. Very strange!

0 0 0

3. Re: Stop Start query 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks Rapport. Yep, absolutely love the car, it’s a dream. I loved my old A6 C6 Special Edition but this is on another level.

I’ll have a chat with the dealer this week - it’s weird. The engine will stop but then periodically kick into life again and sometimes stay on completely. I wondered if it was battery related .

Will post back.

0 0 0

4. Re: Stop Start query 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Agree :-). The best exec estate.

Ref your last post, mine is the same.

Guess with the colder weather, heated seats, heating, lights etc.... it needs to recharge the batteries.

0 0 0

5. Re: Stop Start query 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markjb View Post
    Thanks Rapport. Yep, absolutely love the car, it’s a dream. I loved my old A6 C6 Special Edition but this is on another level.

I’ll have a chat with the dealer this week - it’s weird. The engine will stop but then periodically kick into life again and sometimes stay on completely. I wondered if it was battery related .

Will post back.
    My 40 does the same. Almost certainly related to the car detecting that it needs to recharge the hybrid battery and/or something such as the AC has kicked in and requires more power than the nbattery can supply. As soon as the load has stopped it can cut the engine off again. The car is basically programme to have the engine on as little as possible while stationary

0 0 0

6. Re: Stop Start query 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Depending what model you have, it will also use the camera to detect when the car/object in front has moved (ie at traffic lights) and start the engine. Also taking your foot off the brake pedal lightly will achieve the same result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

7. Re: Stop Start query 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by St3veM View Post
    Depending what model you have, it will also use the camera to detect when the car/object in front has moved (ie at traffic lights) and start the engine. Also taking your foot off the brake pedal lightly will achieve the same result.

All C8s (in the UK at least) have the technology to restart the car when the car in front moves. I find that feature very annoying in a traffic jam when the car in front moves maybe 2 feet and my car restarts and then stops again. Lifting your foot off the brake only works if you don't have hold assist switched on. If is on then the engine restarts only by pressing the accelerator and I have found it is better to "blip" the accelertor first and then press to drive away as it gives a smoother acceleration

0 0 0

8. Re: Stop Start query 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsimcox View Post
    All C8s (in the UK at least) have the technology to restart the car when the car in front moves. I find that feature very annoying in a traffic jam when the car in front moves maybe 2 feet and my car restarts and then stops again. Lifting your foot off the brake only works if you don't have hold assist switched on. If is on then the engine restarts only by pressing the accelerator and I have found it is better to "blip" the accelertor first and then press to drive away as it gives a smoother acceleration
    Interesting. Maybe some variances there. I don’t have HH enabled and I only have to take my foot off the brake to get the engine to restart. I do pulse the pedal to kick this in when I want to move away smoothly.

I also do what you outline when the hand brake is on for the very same reason - smooth getaway.

0 0 0

9. Re: Stop Start query 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for the replies
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________

Oct 2011 2.0tdi Avant, Special Edition, manual box, 19" rims in summer, 17" in winter

0 0 0