1. Caddy SDI wont start when parked uphill 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi I'm new to this forum and hope someone can help. My 2009 caddy SDI, BST PD Engine is failing to start when facing uphill (this is the second time its happened). I did take it in to VAGS garage the first time (after it finally started) but was told they couldn't find anything wrong after scanning it, and I would need to take it in when its dead. It died again yesterday and green flag got it started, they not sure what the issue is but they took off pipe to fuel filter to confirm delivery which was ok, they also removed the return fuel line (I think) and reattached it, after which some cranking it started.

When the van is running its fine, and it starts fine when its warm facing uphill or downhill. If its left overnight or for 5-6 hours facing uphill this is when the problems starting it.
    The fuel lift pump in the tank sounds healthy, I can hear it when ignition is switched on. The injectors were checked at Vags garage a month or two ago and are good.

Since researching I assume that its losing its prime,
    allowing the fuel to drain back to tank;
    any pointers as to where to start looking/fixing this ??
    I was thinking possibly a faulty tandem pump
    or a leak or hole in a fuel line somewhere (although there is no obvious leaks)

Can anyone recommend where to start looking and save me some cash ! Thanks

Van is 2009 Caddy SDI PD engine btw

0 0 0

2. Re: Caddy SDI wont start when parked uphill 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have you recently had a service or changed the fuel filter? The cap can be prone to not seating correctly or if mating surfaces could be fouled easily if to aggressive with a flat screwdriver when opening it. As a matter of course I think I would reseat and inspect the fuel filter as a starting point.

0 0 0

3. Re: Caddy SDI wont start when parked uphill 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have you managed to fix this mate? Any updates?

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. Air leaking back into fuel system when parked uphill
    By drwint in forum Audi A6 - C4 Forum - 1994 - 1997
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17-09-2013, 10:09 PM
  2. 1.9tdi (BKC) Wont start if parked on hill - HELP!
    By andwat in forum Golf MK5 - 2004 - 2009
    Last Post: 27-04-2012, 11:25 PM
  3. Water leak when parked uphill only!
    By Rog in forum Passat - B5 Forum - 1997 -2005
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 23-04-2012, 01:19 AM
  4. starting problem whan parked uphill
    By alltalk in forum Passat - B5 Forum - 1997 -2005
    Last Post: 22-04-2012, 02:40 PM
  5. Please Help A4 B5 2.5TDI AFB Wont start when parked on a hill ??
    By elefant_man in forum Audi A4 - B5 Forum - 1995 - 2002
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 31-10-2009, 09:51 PM