Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    My car is booked I for the 20th December for Inspection + Oil
    18k Miles 2 years old.

Question? I thought I had to use Audi dealers for all servicing to maintain warranty etc?

Following a poor experience during a breakdown repair I’ve been reluctant to use Audi Exeter again but really not sure what I’m mandated to do under the PCP arrangements.

I have an amazing Bosch service centre ( Riverside Motors, Ottery St Mary) who maintain my wife’s A3 with Bosch parts etc.

Any advice as I don’t wNt to overpay but also don’t want to hit the residual value if I chose to trade in before the 4 year date in November 21

Thanks

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

0 0 0

2. Re: Interim vs Inspection Service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo78 View Post
    Ended up paying £320 for Inspection and Oil (interim) service

If they're following the Audi regime that Lookers use that seems pretty good. From Lookers - for you, for life

Interim service - fixed £210.00

• Oil filter replacement
    • Engine oil replacement
    • Fluid levels check
    • Exterior and underbody visual check
    • Interior and electrics inspection
    • Written condition report
    • Audi Service history stamp/record

Major service - fixed £399.00

• Everything included in the interim service
    • Air filter replacement
    • Fuel filter replacement (diesel engines)
    • Spark plug replacement (petrol engines)
    • Vehicle road test

Those lists look a bit light though as cabin pollen filters would usually be in there somewhere...

0 0 0

3. Re: Interim vs Inspection Service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Looks like you might get more for your money if you went to a VW dealership if they'd use the Toureg pricing. Stamp would be equally valid. From http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/s...ice-servicing:

Minor service @ £199
    • Oil & filter change
    • Replace pollen filter
    • Full vehicle road test
    • Diagnostic check including report
    • Re-set service interval display
    • Vehicle inspection and report to include all lights, instruments, bodywork, glass, locks, battery, coolant levels, drive belts, braking system, steering, hoses, drive shafts and exhaust system

Major service @ £399
    • Everything in Minor Service
    • Replace air filter
    • Spark plugs (petrol engine) if required
    • Fuel filter (diesel engine) if required
    • Remove wheels and check brakes
    • Check/adjust tension of all drive belts
    • Check gearbox oil level
    • Check final drive oil level
    • Volkswagen stamp in service book.
    • Vehicle inspection and report: Add suspension

0 1 0

4. Re: Interim vs Inspection Service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Hi

Just picked up my E-tron from Stoke Audi. First registered 1/3/18, 17k on the clock (more than 50% on electric). Service due warning came on 10 days ago.

I had a service plan included in the purchase price; 1 x oil service + 1 x inspection/oil service.

They carried out an oil service & inspection service including pollen filter. No charge.

They have now reset service reminder to 9000 miles and 365 days. Apparently Audi HQ have asked for the vehicle to be inspected more regularly, as they fear problems in the future with the 3 litre diesel.

They also sent me a video of the inspection.

Interestingly, the tyres varied between 5.1mm and 5.4mm tread. Pirellis on 20" wheels. The service advisor thought this was brilliant for a Q7. He had seen one vehicle barely legal after 6500 miles.

Brake pads were 10 to 15% worn on the rear and 15 to 20% on the front. I guess this is so low because of the braking effect from the recuperation motor.

I mostly drive on adaptive cruise control with speed recognition. Brilliant, if a bit lazy. I am an OAP!!

Had a look around the E-Tron 55 full electric. Looks good, though only 240 mile range quoted. Anyone had any experience?

Cheers
    Last edited by papadelta; 16-01-2020 at 04:42 PM.

0 1 0

5. Re: Interim vs Inspection Service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andymcdonald View Post
    Question? I thought I had to use Audi dealers for all servicing to maintain warranty etc?
    EU Block Exemption rules means you don't have to take it to an Audi main dealer to maintain the warranty. If they tell you that, they are breaking the law.

You also do not need to use Audi main dealer parts.

More info here: https://pagid.com/wp-content/uploads...tion-Sheet.pdf

0 2 0

6. Re: Interim vs Inspection Service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Good Share..

But still wonder ....

If as the document is guidance only on not required I guess it would give manufacturers wriggle room to get out situations where certain car failures that could hold them responsible if they could simply say that an OEM part should have been used where one was available instead of 3rd party as an example..

Great news for competition if this becomes common knowledge and more people actually take advantage of these changes ai.. :-)

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

0 0 0

7. Re: Interim vs Inspection Service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    My A6 is now up to 121k miles, I have owned it since 12k (ex demonstrator). First 2 services done by Audi dealer; totally unimpressive and expensive. They couldn't align interim and oil change services, just an excuse to get you into the dealership more often. Last 90k miles it has been serviced regularly and impeccably by my local VW Audi independent. Oil is changed every 10k miles; when I take it in we simply to through the service history and decide other filter/fluid changes at the time.
    Car still drives like new.

We have 1 other Audi and 3 VWs in our immediate family, all serviced by the same independent and same regime. All have been very reliable.

Even though my mileage is on the higher side I am a firm believer in 10k oil changes. Your Audi dealer doesn't care if your engine wears out or you get fed up with the car....he'll just sell you another one.

Just my two penny worth....
    Now:2019 A6 50TDi S Line Avant, Firmament Blue, Tour, Tech, Comfort & Sound, City and Storage packs. Adaptive suspension. (And a 2007 MX5 with a few mods )
    Previously: 2013 A6 3.0 BiTdi S Line Avant, Daytona Grey, Black Edition. Before then, 2010 A6 3.0 TDi S Line Avant, Silver and previously 2008 A4 3.0 Tdi Avant.

0 1 0

8. Re: Interim vs Inspection Service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by satyp View Post
    Good Share..

But still wonder ....

If as the document is guidance only on not required I guess it would give manufacturers wriggle room to get out situations where certain car failures that could hold them responsible if they could simply say that an OEM part should have been used where one was available instead of 3rd party as an example..

Great news for competition if this becomes common knowledge and more people actually take advantage of these changes ai.. :-)
    If it is not common knowledge by now, after almost ten years, it probably never will be
    Did this forum help you? Help make sure it's here next time! Follow the instructions at the top of the page to make a suitable donation using PayPal .
    1996 A4 B5 (S2) Avant 1.8T (petrol) 150 bhp code AEB automatic with 79,125 kms = 49,450 miles on 30/07/23
    VW T25 Camper, Alfa 33 1.4 ie, 2 Alfa 33's for parts.

0 1 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12