1. Re: Overdue change to a C6... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    So, after owning the vehicle now for nearly 4 months, I'm beginning to think I should have maybe went for the same car but the 3.0TDI. I love it but the smaller engine seems to have to work harder for the bigger body compared to my old A4. Can anybody offer honest advice if there's much difference between running costs on both or if you own one, your thoughts. Some posts I have read said the 3.0 is good for 35mpg which isn't bad in comparison to the 2.0. I know the vehicle tax is 300 pa fir the bigger one. The 2009+ 3.0 seems to offer more horsepower in comparison to the older ones as well pushing out 237bhp.

Thanks guys.
    Regards... Graeme

2010 Audi A6 3.0 TDI Quattro Le Mans Avant (CDYA) Daytona Grey

0 0 0

2. Re: Overdue change to a C6... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    I have an 07 ASB - with mid 230 bhp. It will return around 32MPG during the week traveling from lisburn to Holywood exchange everyday in rush hour via Dunmury lane for a drop off thats roughly half a tank and 180 miles. I always used topaz fuel (now circle K) as their prices were close to tescos, the fuel is AA approved and i seen the half a tank of fuel last 20 mile or so more. However i recently changed to BP ultimate - it is only recent and my mpg had dropped as she is due a service but the ultimate brought it back to where it should be. Give her a stretch on the motorway and 40mpg is easy pushing her on -i once got 60 on the dash but that was starting off on the hill in Hillsbourgh heading home - all down hill.

the car also has that feeling of needing restrained rather than pushed on and there isint much that will get away - a few heavily modified small to mid size cars have had a go, and in fairness they have kept up - a golf type R did get me once, in my de-fence it was an unexpected one where i didnt shut the traction control off and she spun the wheels that much in 2nd she shut herself down!!! yes it is a quattro
    Stewart
    2012 Q5 2.0D quattro S line Plus
    1986 coupe quattro (kv)
    1972 mini 1400 100BHP A series
    2016 F-Pace Portfolio X761 2.0D 180HP

1 1 0

3. Re: Overdue change to a C6... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Have a 2011 A6 C6 3.0tdi Quattro Avant special edition in Ibis white with black styling pack, sunroof and Bose ( le mans pre facelift / special edition facelift)

On a run i can achieve 40mpg , around town though mid 20,s which is not bad i think considering its a large car with an auto box and 4 wheel drive

Had a B8 2.0tdi quattro s line avant for a short while, fuel wise it was only very slightly better than the v6 which was very dissapointing. Performance is so much better that the 4 cylinders without sacrificing fuel economy

Dont touch one without a good service history. The Bose a must i believe

I was a little dissapointed with the B8, looked nice and drove well. But regreted selling my pre facelift A6 C6 s line 2.7tdi Quattro

1 1 0

4. Re: Overdue change to a C6... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    I forgot mine is the 240 bhp version

0 1 0

5. Re: Overdue change to a C6... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Thanks for the info guys. I could live with a few mpg down if i had a lot more power on tap. If i drive normally I'm getting 36mpg at a push but that's normal traffic to work. I thought this was drastic but I'm basing this figure on my old A4 which was sharp enough but still averaged late 40's/early 50's. I had thought with the 3.0, the V6 torque and the quattro it would be an excellent car for towing but some people say yes, all the power in the world to do so but fuel economy can be really bad when that happens. My heads in the clouds at the minute about decisions!
    Regards... Graeme

0 0 0

6. Re: Overdue change to a C6... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    If you purchased another A4 tdi trust me the mpg wont be as good as you had in your older one
    I changed to a B8 2.0 caha 170bhp model. Mpg really dissapointing.
    Thats why i went back to the v6 tdi.
    On paperwork the A4 should of got 56mpg on a run, driving like miss daisy i got 46mpg. Not good in my opinion for a 4 cylinder

0 1 0

7. Re: Overdue change to a C6... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    This is just my opinion.........we have a 2010 3.0tdi C6 Le Mans. We had a B7 2.0tfsi Quattro Avant before this car.

I love the A6!!! Not as “involved” as the A4, mainly due to it being an auto and more of a cruiser than an energetic estate, but it is certainly faster and more effortless than the A4. Not really had many traffic light grand prix’s but it certainly accumulates speed rapidly, especially in S mode!!!!

Can’t really compare onions with onions on the MPG but I certainly haven’t found the V6 much thirstier than the A4 to be honest, certainly less so on a long run (although we are comparing petrol vs diesel
    here).

The A6 certainly has more bells and whistles too. Ours is the Le Mans (I’ve not noticed this being too crashy on 19...). We had BOSE in the A4 but have only got the Audi system with subwoofer in the A6, BOSE was better but not by miles in my opinion. We’ve got a sunroof and also black headlining and piano black door/dash inserts, full MMI, DAB, Bluetooth, heated seats, front and rear sensors with graphic (I’ve no idea what comes as standard).

All in all, the effortless drive (it is quick!!!) and the toys/comfort, I’d got for the V6 every time!!!

1 1 0

8. Re: Overdue change to a C6... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrogary View Post
    If you purchased another A4 tdi trust me the mpg wont be as good as you had in your older one
    I changed to a B8 2.0 caha 170bhp model. Mpg really dissapointing.
    Thats why i went back to the v6 tdi.
    On paperwork the A4 should of got 56mpg on a run, driving like miss daisy i got 46mpg. Not good in my opinion for a 4 cylinder
    Yeah, my last A4 was the BRE 2.0TDI engine, it was good, sharp but also returned good MPG. Maybe it's the CAHA engine that's bad for MPG as you had it in your A4 as well.
    Regards... Graeme

0 0 0

9. Re: Overdue change to a C6... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike2.0TQ View Post
    This is just my opinion.........we have a 2010 3.0tdi C6 Le Mans. We had a B7 2.0tfsi Quattro Avant before this car.

I love the A6!!! Not as “involved” as the A4, mainly due to it being an auto and more of a cruiser than an energetic estate, but it is certainly faster and more effortless than the A4. Not really had many traffic light grand prix’s but it certainly accumulates speed rapidly, especially in S mode!!!!

Can’t really compare onions with onions on the MPG but I certainly haven’t found the V6 much thirstier than the A4 to be honest, certainly less so on a long run (although we are comparing petrol vs diesel
    here).

The A6 certainly has more bells and whistles too. Ours is the Le Mans (I’ve not noticed this being too crashy on 19...). We had BOSE in the A4 but have only got the Audi system with subwoofer in the A6, BOSE was better but not by miles in my opinion. We’ve got a sunroof and also black headlining and piano black door/dash inserts, full MMI, DAB, Bluetooth, heated seats, front and rear sensors with graphic (I’ve no idea what comes as standard).

All in all, the effortless drive (it is quick!!!) and the toys/comfort, I’d got for the V6 every time!!!
    Thanks Mike, mine is the Le Mans too, interior is stunning! All the bells and whistles you could ask for but I'm thinking, family of 5 plus a possible caravan purchase the V^ might be the better option as the 2.0 might struggle a tad, not sure. Don't want to spend £XXX to get a tow bar to find out that's the truth.
    Regards... Graeme

0 0 0

10. Re: Overdue change to a C6... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swwalker View Post
    I have an 07 ASB - with mid 230 bhp. It will return around 32MPG during the week traveling from lisburn to Holywood exchange everyday in rush hour via Dunmury lane for a drop off thats roughly half a tank and 180 miles. I always used topaz fuel (now circle K) as their prices were close to tescos, the fuel is AA approved and i seen the half a tank of fuel last 20 mile or so more. However i recently changed to BP ultimate - it is only recent and my mpg had dropped as she is due a service but the ultimate brought it back to where it should be. Give her a stretch on the motorway and 40mpg is easy pushing her on -i once got 60 on the dash but that was starting off on the hill in Hillsbourgh heading home - all down hill.

the car also has that feeling of needing restrained rather than pushed on and there isint much that will get away - a few heavily modified small to mid size cars have had a go, and in fairness they have kept up - a golf type R did get me once, in my de-fence it was an unexpected one where i didnt shut the traction control off and she spun the wheels that much in 2nd she shut herself down!!! yes it is a quattro
    Thanks Stewart! Noticing you are in Lisburn, if we hadn't have been in the middle of this pandemic, I would have asked to meet up if you hadn't of minded just for a passenger run in the 3.0 for a taster.
    Regards... Graeme

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast