Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Which heater matrix, coolant comparison, advice please!

1. Which heater matrix, coolant comparison, advice please! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi everyone,

I’m a new member. Have been looking for an active helpful VAG forum for a while and this place seems great.

I am going ahead and changing the heater matrix on the golf as I’m having heating issues on one side. Everything else has been ruled out. A few things I need help with:

1) It appears that there are 2 possible options of matrix, Denso or Valeo and I need this info to be able to order the correct item.

Is there any easy way to confirm or check the matrix brand without pulling it out? Both footwells are stripped and open.

I ask the above because, after speaking to TPS and VW dealers near me, there is a backlog for the part for up to 7-10 days. If I have to pull the matrix out it’s just extra work and will have to be put back as the car will be needed over the next 7-10 days. If it’s the only way, so be it.

2) This brings me onto the next question, I always try and aim to use genuine parts where I can. However I need to get this fixed ASAP, with the cold weather we currently have, it’s difficult for my other half who’s car it is, to use everyday.

Would you recommend any of the aftermarket brands sold by ECP or another supplier? I believe they only have the Nissen and AVA brands as the Denso and Valeo equivalents respectively. If you have any suggestions of where I can source a matrix or advice or that these are a no go, please let me know.

3) Lastly, is the quantum purple coolant or ECP triple qx as good as or the same as G13? Is there any benefit of using say the G13 over the quantum stuff as VW use plenty of quantum fluids themselves and I presume it’s essentially the same.

4) One more cheeky question, you recommend I change the expansion tank at the same time? I was leaning more on the change it.

Appreciate the help!

Many thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: Which heater matrix, coolant comparison, advice please! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    On my mk5 golf I could see the brand Valeo nad part no. on the matrix without actually removing it as it was on the plastic side of it, it's behind the gear stick centre area on the mk5, maybe the mnk7 is the same, perhaps if you can strip away as much as possible and actually see the matrix you might be able to then see the make.

0 0 0