Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    That was running through my mind as well but I dismissed is based in it was OK before, I wonder if the fuel pressure is low? Not low enough to trigger a code but low enough to not keep up with the mapping?
    I have checked the fuel rail pressure and it is absolutely spot on with requested and actual. The lpfp sits at 40%. I'm going to run with clogged injectors, and get them tested tomorrow after I take them out. I will let you know how i get on. I have an ever so slight misfire at idle. On mostly one bank, but occasionally 2. And my loba fuel pump hasn't been in that long, I'm now going with the possibility it has maybe been struggling for a while, and sorting the boost leak has just give it too much air. I will also add to come to this conclusion I also changed my low pressure fuel sensor on the HPFP and my fuel was black, then I changed the fuel filter and it's all clean now. So I think my Injectors need cleaned anyway, and I've got the stuff for walnut blasting out my intake, so keep your fingers crossed!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Running lean 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Remember the Teflon seals on the injectors will need changing and you need the kits and a special VAG tool to do this. Personally for how evil FSI injectors are to do, if they come out we fit new ones. Interestingly the later engines now have two injectors per cylinder, one direct and the other port which keeps the manifold clean inside BUT they do fail and cause an idle misfire, cheap and easy to do though.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Running lean 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Remember the Teflon seals on the injectors will need changing and you need the kits and a special VAG tool to do this. Personally for how evil FSI injectors are to do, if they come out we fit new ones. Interestingly the later engines now have two injectors per cylinder, one direct and the other port which keeps the manifold clean inside BUT they do fail and cause an idle misfire, cheap and easy to do though.
    Cleaned and tested, and new seals. Not put back together yet, as I still have my inlet to clean, but they all tested out all good. So it's 100% not that either, but I wasn't too fussed as it needed done.

But, I am back to this again I think. Will let you know once I start it back up.

0 0 0

4. Re: Running lean 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok so yeah, just the same. No difference. I don't even know where else to look.

0 0 0

5. Re: Running lean 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    I would start by removing the modifications one at a time to eliminate them as the cause.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: Running lean 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's worth mentioning things I'm questioning

Code p119a had it since I got the car really, only happens when I'm low on fuel. From what I can find it's normal.. but may be points towards something not working right? (Not the sensor as I changed this with a working one and it's fine)

My engine at idle is under no vaccum at all. Normal?

Also new spark plugs 2 weeks ago, and they look like I'm running rich

0 0 0

7. Re: Running lean 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    I would fit a new cam cover next

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: Running lean 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would fit a new cam cover next
    I think that is my last hope, I've put on a pcv today and it made it worse if anything, changed the air intake also made no difference. The pipe coming from my turbo inlet should be pulling vaccum tho, correct? I can't feel any at all coming from it. I have 2 other cars there pretty much exact same, one with pcv delete which holds cap down with vaccum slightly, mine just rattles about when unscrewed.

0 0 0

9. Re: Running lean 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    I think it is your last hope

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

10. Re: Running lean 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think it is your last hope
    You think the whole cover or just the gasket?

0 0 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast