1. Running lean 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So I've posted before but never really got many replies but I'm really stuck and just don't know where to go from here.

Car is holding revs, loss of power and fairly hesitant.

I started off with a boost leak and since its been repaired my car has ran worse than ever and this code started happening

16555(P0171) - Fuel Trim; Bank 1: System Too Lean

Maf wasn't working as well as it should so has been replaced.
    Dv has been replaced for the newest revision.
    New spark plugs.
    New fuel filter.
    New n80 valve.
    New n75 after it was snapped.

After testing a lot of these parts were due for change and not working correctly but it hasn't made a bit of difference to my problems really.

Long term fuel trim are sitting at 25%. I'm going through petrol like it's going out of fashion, and I thought it was bad enough owning an s3!

I'm feel like there is a bad connection under inlet manifold, so I'm going to strip and check tomorrow which I think might be the reason my revs are sticking but I'm at a dead end in terms of my lean running engine. Someone help a girl out?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Crasher; 24-11-2019 at 12:38 PM.

0 0 0

2. Re: P0171 system too lean 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Perhaps it is because we don’t know which car, year or engine type code you have and the post is in an odd place.

Have you tried taking the oil cap off with the engine running?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: P0171 system too lean 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Perhaps it is because we don’t know which car, year or engine type code you have and the post is in an odd place.

Have you tried taking the oil cap off with the engine running?
    Sorry I wasn't sure where to post, can I move it?

Audi s3 2.0 tfsi. Yes I have doesn't run any different. I will add, I also have a pcv delete.
    It's running stage 2 Revo, full turbo back stainless, stage 3 intercooler, loba hpfp, pcv delete.
    Last edited by blondieee; 24-11-2019 at 10:13 AM.

0 0 0

4. Re: P0171 system too lean 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Also to add I made my boost leak again, and the car runs absolutely fine with having a the boost leak??

I'm not sure what that says, it can't handle the extra air?

0 0 0

5. Re: Running lean 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    You could start by winding back the mods one at a time but is this an EA113 or EA888? Which PCV delete kit have you fitted? How does the crankcase now breath?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: Running lean 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's the ea113.

0 0 0

7. Re: Running lean 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I would start by reversing some of the mods one at a time, to start with reinstate the original crankcase ventilation system with the updated valve 06F 129 101 R. Personally I would also do a system pressure test or smoke test to check for leaks.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: Running lean 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    I would start by reversing some of the mods one at a time, to start with reinstate the original crankcase ventilation system with the updated valve 06F 129 101 R. Personally I would also do a system pressure test or smoke test to check for leaks.
    Just looked and it's a Revo Pcv delete, I believe it gets redirected to the rear cam outlet. I don't have the original to put back it's been on the car for 2 years. I have smoke tested it and there is no more leaks. I was thinking that it must be a fuel related problem as I'm 99% sure I've ruled the air side of it out. My fuel rail pressure seems to be bang on with requested, and I have also swapped out both plugs on the hpfp.. so I was thinking it's got the be injectors or fuel pump, I'm not sure how to confirm either of them. My lpfp sits at 40% at idle and I've just replaced the fuel filter.

0 0 0

9. Re: Running lean 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Injector failure is rare and for all four to fail equally... nah! Lean running is usually an air leak after the AMM.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

10. Re: Running lean 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How do you know all 4 have hypothetically failed equally, surely even if one or 2 have failed, then it would still be throwing more fuel into them all? If one had failed would my symptoms be any different? I will get the smoke tester back out today just to double check, but as I said I have already smoke tested it.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast