1. A quick reliability query. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I’ve been weighing up a few Audis for my 100 mile round trip to work. It’s mainly motorway, so I’m after something that’ll ideally give me 50mpg+.

The priority is reliability, I suppose, and Audis in general seem to get poor reviews in terms of reliability from some of the major websites. I’m hoping it’s engines like the TFSI that bring the average score down, and not the fact that there are issues across the whole range of diesels.

In short, I basically want to know if the 2.0TDi is still a safe bet in the newer Audis, or if there is a standout engine for reliability and I’ll go from there in terms of car choice. I’m looking to spend £7-£10k.

Any help would be much appreciated

0 0 0

2. Re: A quick reliability query. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A while since this was posted but I’ve an A5 2l TDi (SLine) and it has been superbly reliable for 3 years. Couple of gripes though. Fuel consumption on avg is <45 to the gallon (if that!). My old A6 PD/ non common rail ‘tank’ with virtually the same engine gave me a good 55-60 on 80 mile daily m-way runs to work. I also mysteriously lost some coolant but it’s never returned to haunt me since topping up.. very weird but can only put down to it lying for a few months not used much. Oil use is very minimal too, a common issue on the TFSI versions.

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. A4 2.0tfsi Quattro - quick but not as quick as i thought - problem?
    By quattroorcooper in forum Audi A4 - B7 Forum - 2005 - 2008
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-01-2014, 02:46 PM
  2. PS pump query - quick help please
    By grover in forum Golf MK4 - 1999 - 2004
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 16-02-2011, 11:37 AM
  3. Quick foglamp query
    By Derek Audi 1.8T in forum Audi A4 - B5 Forum - 1995 - 2002
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-12-2009, 11:42 PM
  4. Quick fuel query
    By doug-26 in forum Chat - Anything with wheels
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-09-2007, 04:28 PM
  5. Wheel sizes query - quick advice needed!
    By Fourbears in forum Touran - Sharan - Caravelle
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30-07-2007, 08:24 PM