1. 2013 saloon RMC sat nav behaving strange 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So I’ve tried to search for an answer but don’t know what terminology would find the answer to my problem...as a result I’ve drawn a blank.

For anyone who hasn’t seen my previous question, I’ve already replaced the shark fin antenna which resolved my lack of satellite issue.

My setup,
    I have what I believe is a very basic and dated RMC version of mmi. It also has the issue of running a 2011 SD card as I got shafted by the salesman because I didn’t check at time of purchase. Software has never been updated in my 4 years of ownership.

My problem,
    When driving with sat nav active, it will run fine for a while, then appear to freeze as though I have parked up. I can still navigate around the menus etc but if I try to zoom in or out on the map nothing happens. My distance remaining counter stops but my time to arrival increases as though I’m not moving.

If I go back to where you put the address in, then back into map, it will track my location again, but the blue route line is not there, and my miles remaining etc are still stuck.

I can stop the navigation and start it agin which get it to work again, but for how long is anyone’s guess 🤷🏻*♂️

I am aware I need to go to Audi for a map and software update, but don’t want to pull out money for that if there’s a bigger problem with the unit.

Can anyone help please, i know it’s only a sat nav, and a tomtom would do the job, but I’d like to use the integrated unit and it’s driving me mad 🤪

0 0 0

2. Re: 2013 saloon RMC sat nav behaving strange 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Have you tried having a little look through the green menu ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: 2013 saloon RMC sat nav behaving strange 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No I haven’t, always been put off by it as I’ve read you can cause damage if you don’t know what you’re doing.

What would I be looking for in the green menu?

0 0 0

4. Re: 2013 saloon RMC sat nav behaving strange 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    This sounds similar to the shark fin issue i had with my Allroad earlier this year, I was driving then all of a sudden it went nuts, had me in a different county. A quick scan said that I had water ingress in the shark fin, removed while on the campsite we where staying at, left it in the sun to dry for couple of hours and its been generally fine since. I did make note of the numbers on the bottom along with the plug colours and orientation, there is many different versions.
    Could it be that you have an incorrect or incompatible unit now installed, whats the chances of the unit you have just fitted is faulty?

I would run a scan and see what its telling you.
    2015 A6 Allroad 3.0TDi 218 CRTE - NEW
    2012 A6 Avant 3.0TDi Multitronic - OLD

0 0 0

5. Re: 2013 saloon RMC sat nav behaving strange 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Although the part number for the fin that is now fitted is different to the one that came off, I got that superseded number direct from audi.

It was an eBay part so I can’t rule out the unit also being faulty 🤷🏻*♂️.

I still have the old one so I may try to dry/clean it out (water ingress) and see if it works.

What do you mean by scan? I’ve ran an obd scan but no faults showing, albeit this was done with the Carista app/device

0 0 0

6. Re: 2013 saloon RMC sat nav behaving strange 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Also, it’s not showing me as in a different location or anything, it just seems to get stuck. On average I’m receiving 10 satellites even when the problem occurs

0 0 0

7. Re: 2013 saloon RMC sat nav behaving strange 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Mine did similar once, a reset of the mmi system seems to have fixed it though.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

8. Re: 2013 saloon RMC sat nav behaving strange 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So, the nav will trick my location fine without any route guidance requested. Surely that means my antenna is fine, it’s down to a case of either the software or mmi unit having a meltdown when trying to process a route

0 0 0