Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Audi Sell Stop and Recall on all Facelift Q7s!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Re: Audi Sell Stop and Recall on all Facelift Q7s!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Q5 is here. Nippy little thing!

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi Sell Stop and Recall on all Facelift Q7s!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chin85 View Post
    Q5 is here. Nippy little thing!
    Does there brake pedal clang? They had a major issue with clanging pedals and took over 18 months for a fix but cars were still coming out of the factory with a clang

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi Sell Stop and Recall on all Facelift Q7s!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Not noticed it tbh
    Was more taken back by how quick it is.
    Even tho it says 40TDI on the back it certainly shifts! Mind you it’s half the size of the Q7

0 1 0

4. Re: Audi Sell Stop and Recall on all Facelift Q7s!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chin85 View Post
    Change of plan, it is urgent.

My dealer has just called me and has already pre booked a courtesy car to be delivered to me in the next day or so and they will ‘recover’ my car to the service centre.

Advice is to not use the car unless it’s essential in the meantime. If I see or smell any smoke etc coming from the windscreen to abandon the car.

You couldn’t make it up.
    Wowzers... The heating system for the camera must be faulty or something not right. I'm going to get the recall doc tomorrow and find out the deal.. This sounds very serious...
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi Sell Stop and Recall on all Facelift Q7s!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Had my SQ7 3 weeks, had the call from Audi today saying not to drive it, full of appologies. Had to register a new Q8 for an equivalent courtesy car. They reckoned solar film is the fix for the camera and should be here tomorrow.
    Audi SQ7 Vorsprung 2020

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi Sell Stop and Recall on all Facelift Q7s!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhud007 View Post
    Wowzers... The heating system for the camera must be faulty or something not right. I'm going to get the recall doc tomorrow and find out the deal.. This sounds very serious...
    Be interesting to know the truth
    My dealer said that the heating element in the camera isn’t turning off so is continually running which could result in a fire risk.

He also said that a new modified housing ‘trim’ had to be produced and sent from Germany in order to offer a fix - so we have to wait for this trim to be manufactured and delivered.
    Let us know what you discover!

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi Sell Stop and Recall on all Facelift Q7s!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Ok Ok... got it all

Here is the rub:

Its under Campaign: 90N7 (called "Recall Campaign 90N7")

In the recall documentation (I wont post the full thing here due to forum rules) it states the follow:

1. The Heater Element inside the camera could run continously causing smoke / smoke smell and even possibly fire. It says they havent had a fire yet, but can't rule that possibility out.
    2. The Camera needs a software update.
    3. The "housing" of the camera needs replacing with new housing.

"On Audi Q7 vehicles manufactured within a specific period, major overheating can occur in the area of the interior mirror on the windscreen due to the heating element of the front camera. When the ignition is on, this can lead to smouldering or even to the vehicle catching fire."

Here is some Q&A info from the recall document

Q: What is the problem on the affected vehicles?
    A: On vehicles with front camera, a significant build-up of heat may occur in the area of the interior
    mirror.

Q: What is the cause of the fault?
    A: Due to an incompatibility between the activation software and the heating film used for the front
    camera on the windscreen, it is possible that overheating of the heating film may occur.

Q: What effect does the fault have? / What can happen?
    A: Major overheating may occur when the heater element is activated after the ignition is switched on or
    at low temperatures. This could lead to smouldering or even to the vehicle catching fire.

Q: Which vehicles are affected by the fault?
    A: Current Audi Q7 vehicles (2020 Facelift onwards) equipped with the front camera and manufactured
    between the start of production and 14th November 2019 are affected.

Q: What exactly needs to be repaired on the car?
    A: The heater element for the front camera will be replaced and the control software will be updated.

Q: Can I continue using the car until it can be inspected/repaired?
    A: Until the campaign can be carried out, we request that you do not use your vehicle unless absolutely
    necessary and that you entirely avoid transporting children or persons with restricted mobility.

If you notice a burning smell or smoke while driving the vehicle, please stop the vehicle immediately
    in a safe location, switch off the ignition and leave the vehicle.

Q: How did Audi discover the issue?
    A: We became aware of the issue due to customer complaints as part of our continuous product
    monitoring process.

Q: Have there been cases reported by customers?
    A: Yes, we have received some complaints from customers about this issue.

Q: Have there been any cases of personal injury?
    A: No, AUDI AG is not aware of any cases of this kind.

Q: Is there any risk for the car occupants?
    A: Because of the overheating in the area of the interior mirror, a fire cannot be ruled out.

Q: Will the driver be aware that a fault exists?
    A: If overheating occurs, there may be burning smell or smoke. In this case, the vehicle must be stopped
    immediately and the ignition switched off. The occupants must leave the vehicle.

Q: Is the customer given a mobility option?
    A: Yes, the customer is provided with a mobility option if desired.

Q: Can I have the repair carried out by an Audi Partner anywhere in the world?
    A: Yes.

Q: Is it necessary to make an appointment at the workshop?
    A: Yes; an appointment should be made without delay so that the work can be performed promptly.

Thats it for the most part. The rest is all the steps/procedures that the dealership have to perform which I wont post here but it gives you the rub of the situation. Seems pretty serious. Its worldwide too.

HTH

Andy
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 4 0

8. Re: Audi Sell Stop and Recall on all Facelift Q7s!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Really helpful. Thanks Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi Sell Stop and Recall on all Facelift Q7s!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Thanks Andy
    Audi SQ7 Vorsprung 2020

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi Sell Stop and Recall on all Facelift Q7s!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Andy,
    Does it concern also Q8 and SQ8?

0 0 0

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast