Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Electrically heated windscreen Fault??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Electrically heated windscreen Fault?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    It was an standalone £700 optional extra on top of the heat/sound insulating glass, but for some reason it got removed from the configurator for later builds even pre-facelift... Given how inflexible it is to spec a car with Audi in the UK at the moment, I doubt it will be an option..

it is a shame as I think it is a really good option to have... there is no visiable heating element in the glass like some other cars, and it melts ice really quickly as you can see from the video. Having said that, if for some reason the glass need to be replaced (stone chip etc)... it will cost an arm and leg unless your insurance company is kind enough to cover it.. I have seen somewhere that the glass itself is 1100+ Euros plus labour to fit and then calibrate HUD, cameras etc..
    Q7 272PS S-Line | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Tour Pack Adv | Leather Pack | Park Assist Pack | Comfort & Sound Pack | All-Wheel Steering | Matrix | Pan Roof | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | Full Valcona | Heated Rear Seats | Night Vision | BOSE | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Heated Windscreen | Heated Steering Wheel | Adv Key | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Lighting | Heated Mirrors | 360 Cameras | Rear Airbags | Glacier White | Gloss Black Alloys | Carbon Door Mirrors | Black Roof Rails | Rear Sunblinds | Audi LED Entry Lights | De-badged

0 0 0

2. Re: Electrically heated windscreen Fault?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Thank you.
    When I ordered my facelift 2020 Q7 the dealer said it’s not available - wanted to make sure he wasn’t telling me fibs.
    Strange as it’s a great feature.

1 1 0

3. Re: Electrically heated windscreen Fault?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Totally different car, but IIRC on our Touran if the REAR electric window heater / dmister button flashes when pressed if means the battery / electrical system doesn't have enough current to spare. Could it be as simple as that?

EDIT: IIRC what is actually being detected is low current through the window heater circuit. That can be low battery, or high resistance due to terminal corrosion. etc.

0 0 0

4. Re: Electrically heated windscreen Fault?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    On the Q7 the flashing front screen dmister button actually indicates the heated windscreen is turned on "manually".. Press and release the button will turn on AC dmister and the LED will be on solid; press and hold until it flashes tells you the screen heating is on (and it can only be turned on when certain conditions are met - AC on 22.5c+ and outside is cold)... there is no dedicated button to turn on heated windscreen, this is Audi's way to share the button and indicator LED..

Not sure about the rear heater, it might well be flashing to indicate problems like your Touran, they are both VW group cars.. If it happens I will know the cause now, thanks for sharing.
    Q7 272PS S-Line | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Tour Pack Adv | Leather Pack | Park Assist Pack | Comfort & Sound Pack | All-Wheel Steering | Matrix | Pan Roof | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | Full Valcona | Heated Rear Seats | Night Vision | BOSE | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Heated Windscreen | Heated Steering Wheel | Adv Key | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Lighting | Heated Mirrors | 360 Cameras | Rear Airbags | Glacier White | Gloss Black Alloys | Carbon Door Mirrors | Black Roof Rails | Rear Sunblinds | Audi LED Entry Lights | De-badged

0 0 0

5. Re: Electrically heated windscreen Fault?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    So the car has been into the dealer (long delay in getting it in as I've been busy) and they have stated that the control module is not working and needs replaced. It is on back-order so the car is booked in for the start of January.

Glad I bought the 5 year warranty when I ordered the car!

I'll post how I get on when the module has been fitted

0 1 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12