Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Hello All,

I have a 2014 C7 which I am attempting to add the option to mirror my phone to the car screen through a HDMI converter etc. I have VCDS but my system does not return the MMi serial number so I can access the menu to change the setting. I believe I have the RMC type MMi.

I have read that if the system does not return the serial number by using VCDS you can read it directly from the MMi by removing it.

I assume this is the CD unit with the two SD cards in etc.

So I have popped the climate module out of the dash but can’t get any further. It appears that the wiring going to the back of the control is extremely short and hence I can’t pull it out enough to allow access to the bolt so I can remove the MMi.

Any ideas? Is this normal. If so how do I access the bolt to remove the MMi.

Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: Climate module removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Hi. I may be completely wrong but think the MMI unit is the one in the centre counsel around the gear leaver.
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

3. Re: Climate module removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)
    One you have pulled the climate panel out there is a bolt in the middle 8mm, remove that and you can pull the mmi forwards. the wires will be long enough to allow you to pull the whole thing out, but you wont need to.
    RS6 Performance Ascari Blue, Carbon Ceramics Brakes and lots more.
    A6 BiTdi Avant MTM
    Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, RS6 Seats,Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds,High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Interior Retrim

0 0 0

4. Re: Climate module removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Why don’t you unplug the climate module and remove it completely??

0 0 0

5. Re: Climate module removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    I have managed to pop the climate module out but it only moves out about 10mm. You can see the bolt holding the MMi in place and some cables. There appears to be nothing else holding it in place so I assume the cables are tight and are stopping it moving forward. Is there any way of seeing the cables from the side?

0 0 0

6. Re: Climate module removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    The climate control unplugs 2 or 3 plugs then it can be removed, you should be able to get to the mmi bolt then. Make sure the ignition is off when the climate control panel is off or it will trigger a warning in VCDS.

0 0 0

7. Re: Climate module removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Why do you need the serial number?
    VIM doesn’t work with rmc unit. You can use a hdmi converter with the ami with the right cable to mirror your phone. There’s a long post here somewhere with someone doing that.

0 0 0

8. Re: Climate module removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Hi,

I just assumed that I needed to ensure VIM so that the screen did not blank during motion. I have everything to give it a try but did not even plug it in lol.

Will try later.

0 0 0

9. Re: Climate module removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Hello All,

So I tried as suggested and I can mirror my iPhone screen when stationary but screen stops mirroring when moving. So back to needing the serial. On an aside picture is very poor so probably not worth it.

0 0 0

10. Re: Climate module removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Didn’t think there was a way to activate vim on rmc units. Serial number is for the vcds coding used in the mmi3g and doesn’t work with the rmc unit.

0 0 0