1. 2012 VW Polo Touch Phone Kit Recovery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi there ... I've just bought my daughter a 2012 VW Polo and the Bluetooth TPK has an error message "please insert USB pendrive containing the recovery file to install the main system" the manual does not give any guidance. Does anyone have a "how to" guide for updating. Where do you get the files and where/how Do you update the TPK system. Many thanks!!

0 0 0

2. Re: 2012 VW Polo Touch Phone Kit Recovery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Update ... I've found the control unit behind the radio but I am unable to find anywhere that supplies the cable to connect to it to upload the software. EBay, Amazon all internet suppliers are out of stock / discontinued. VW Part no. is 000051905. Does anyone have one that i could buy or borrow. Many thanks!

0 0 0

3. Re: 2012 VW Polo Touch Phone Kit Recovery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Hi Chris.

AFAIK, you don't need a cable to update the firmware. It can be done over bluetooth. Getting the VW firmware will probably be difficult though.
    The VW touch phone kit is actually a rebranded Bury CC9060 (I think). So you might be able to reflash the control unit with the Bury firmware which I think can be downloaded from the Bury website.

Sorry, but I've never had to update one of these phone kits so I can't really offer much help. I did do a quick google search though and found this...
    http://www.bury.com/consumer/fileadm...oftware_EN.pdf

Good Luck!

0 0 0

4. Re: 2012 VW Polo Touch Phone Kit Recovery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks for the advice and quick answer, I will follow up on this and advise progress. I see a lot of people on the UK Polos forum also have this problem. Thanks again

0 0 0

5. Re: 2012 VW Polo Touch Phone Kit Recovery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cax1977 View Post
    Thanks for the advice and quick answer, I will follow up on this and advise progress. I see a lot of people on the UK Polos forum also have this problem. Thanks again
    Hi, Did you get anywhere with this?

0 0 0

6. Re: 2012 VW Polo Touch Phone Kit Recovery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi there
    Due to not being able to source the update cable, I found a guy who offers the update as a service for £26. Send him the control unit and screen and he will update and return in about 48hrs. Very quick service.
    Find him on eBay "REPAIR SERVICE VW BLUETOOTH TOUCH MUSIC PHONE KIT 000 051 473 C"
    Hope this helps!

0 0 0

7. Re: 2012 VW Polo Touch Phone Kit Recovery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Somewhat belated, but to avoid creating a new thread...

I found myself in the same situation. Like others I discovered the VW original USB + music / recovery leads appear to be unavailable, and there doesn't seem to be a guide to making your own - until now .

I used a multimeter on the powered down TPK unit to find pairs of pins with similar resistance to a USB connector on a switched off laptop, and also where the 0V and 5V were. I then snipped the plug end from a USB A extension lead to leave just the socket end, and soldered some pin receptacles from a defunct ECU connector to the four wires in it.

RecoveryLead.jpg

The tpk_music_recovery.zip file came from Index of /Updates/VW/VW Touch Phone Kit Music. I used a vintage 2GB USB pendrive formatted FAT32, and no need to remove current files. For the recovery files I tried...
    • Unzipping to tpk_music_recovery, which didn't work
    • Then at the same time, one of which got things working:
      • Copying zip file to root of drive
      • Copying unzipped files to root of drive

The lead was plugged in like this, colours matching standard USB wiring.
    USB Pins.jpg

In case the picture ever gets lost: With the power Molex to the left and audio jacks to the right, then numbering the media connector pins top-left as 1, bottom-left as 2, etc:

• Pin 5: Red / VBUS / +5V
    • Pin 6: Black / Ground / 0V
    • Pin 7: Green / Data+
    • Pin 8: White / Data-

And it all started to work once power was cycled on the TPK unit:
    PreRecovery.jpgDuringRecovery.jpgPostRecovery.jpg

Hope that helps someone.
    Last edited by VAG-Abound; 20-08-2023 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Added text description of pins used
    ======

Did this forum help you today? Help make sure it's here next time as well. Just click here to make a suitable donation using PayPal .

1 2 0

8. Re: 2012 VW Polo Touch Phone Kit Recovery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VAG-Abound View Post
    Somewhat belated, but to avoid creating a new thread...

I found myself in the same situation. Like others I discovered the VW original USB + music / recovery leads appear to be unavailable, and there doesn't seem to be a guide to making your own - until now .

I used a multimeter on the powered down TPK unit to find pairs of pins with similar resistance to a USB connector on a switched off laptop, and also where the 0V and 5V were. I then snipped the plug end from a USB A extension lead to leave just the socket end, and soldered some pin receptacles from a defunct ECU connector to the four wires in it.

RecoveryLead.jpg

The tpk_music_recovery.zip file came from Index of /Updates/VW/VW Touch Phone Kit Music. I used a vintage 2GB USB pendrive formatted FAT32, and no need to remove current files. For the recovery files I tried...
    • Unzipping to tpk_music_recovery, which didn't work
    • Then at the same time, one of which got things working:
      • Copying zip file to root of drive
      • Copying unzipped files to root of drive

The lead was plugged in like this, colours matching standard USB wiring.
    USB Pins.jpg

In case the picture ever gets lost: With the power Molex to the left and audio jacks to the right, then numbering the media connector pins top-left as 1, bottom-left as 2, etc:

• Pin 5: Red / VBUS / +5V
    • Pin 6: Black / Ground / 0V
    • Pin 7: Green / Data+
    • Pin 8: White / Data-

And it all started to work once power was cycled on the TPK unit:
    PreRecovery.jpgDuringRecovery.jpgPostRecovery.jpg

Hope that helps someone.
    Had to register on here to say thank you.
    Super helpful and if anyone else gets the message "Information Please insert USB pendrive containing the recovery file to install the main system." on their TPK Music 000.051.473.C device then the above will help!

Thank you VAG-Abound for the help and the photos!

0 0 0

9. Re: 2012 VW Polo Touch Phone Kit Recovery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    All the links for the recovery file are now dead as it seems bury have updated their site. :-(

Has anybody got a copy of it they could share?

0 0 0

10. Re: 2012 VW Polo Touch Phone Kit Recovery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    '
    ======

Did this forum help you today? Help make sure it's here next time as well. Just click here to make a suitable donation using PayPal .

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast