Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Hi all,

I am guessing that I might not be the only one out there that has recently picked up their new A7/S7 Vorsprung but I am wondering how many of us are missing what is listed on the Audi UK Website configurator and on the Apple IOS Configurator App as a Standard Feature???

So, one of the points that differentiates the Vorpsrung from the S-Line, Black Edition and Sport versions is all the technology. Air Suspension, Four Wheel Steering, Tour and City Assist Packs, etc.

On the non-Vorsprung (in the S7 at least) you get the Audi Parking System Plus which is basically the Acoustic and Visual parking sensor display on the MMI.

On the S7 Vorsprung you are meant to have the Parking Assistance Pack which includes, on top of the Acoustic and Visual bit, the ability for the car to measure and perform the steering actions required to manoeuvre into a parallel or perpendicular parking space while the driver performs the acceleration, braking and gear shifting.

Well, on my S7 Vorsprung it is missing. The deeper set sensors in the front wheel arches are present to measure the spaces but I am missing the "button" on the lower MMI display to activate the search function.

I currently have a call in with both my Audi Centre and Audi UK directly trying to find out what is going on but I am hoping that as the hardware is in place that hopefully it might just be a software update to enable the function that I have paid for.

Any ideas if this is possible or is any one else here in the same position?

Cheers, Gwyn.

0 0 0

2. Re: Brand New S7 Vorsprung missing the Parking Assist Feature 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Looked at the Configurator and agree with what you said that it should be there. Perhaps there is something that needs configured to activate it in the display??

Mine is arriving in the next few weeks (albeit it an A7 rather than S7 but still Vorsprung) so would be interested to know the answer!
    VW Passat GT 4 Motion 2.0 BiTdi, '16MY in Midnight Blue, keyless entry, memory seats, active info display and Discover Nav Pro
    Audi A7 20MY Vorsprung 3.0tdi in Daytona grey, with optional rear cup holders! (Previously A7 16my S Line)

0 0 0

3. Re: Brand New S7 Vorsprung missing the Parking Assist Feature 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks for replying. I’m hoping it is just a software update and I will let you know what the outcome is once I get some sort of response from Audi.

Let me know if you have the button in the lower MMI. I believe it should be on the upper left somewhere left of the shortcuts button.

0 0 0

4. Re: Brand New S7 Vorsprung missing the Parking Assist Feature 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Hi El-Cap, when are you due to get handover? Have you had a specific date yet?

I’m expecting a call/message tomorrow from Audi UK detailing “the next steps” but I’m not sure what that means yet??? All I know is there has been a lot of back and forth between them and the dealership even though it is nothing to do with the sake of the car but rather the description.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

5. Re: Brand New S7 Vorsprung missing the Parking Assist Feature 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Hi GT, it’s meant to be the dealers this week. Then it may be a couple of weeks until I can actually pick it up. So that might not be much use to you. Then again if you have uncovered an issue mine might get re-called
    VW Passat GT 4 Motion 2.0 BiTdi, '16MY in Midnight Blue, keyless entry, memory seats, active info display and Discover Nav Pro
    Audi A7 20MY Vorsprung 3.0tdi in Daytona grey, with optional rear cup holders! (Previously A7 16my S Line)

1 0 0

6. Re: Brand New S7 Vorsprung missing the Parking Assist Feature 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    When you get it check the lower MMI display or ask the dealership to check it as part of their pre-delivery inspection. The button should be one of the top left ones I believe.

0 0 0

7. Re: Brand New S7 Vorsprung missing the Parking Assist Feature 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    So... the Customer Relations Manager from Audi UK called me this morning.

Supposedly the “part” has been discontinued???

I’m in the US at the moment so I didn’t get into it with him but he reckoned that maybe it could be retrofitted if I could find a unit but if I took the car to Audi to be serviced that it might be disabled every time.

In the meantime, that last time I checked, the Parking Assistance Pack is still showing as the feature on the Vorsprung and not Audi Parking System Plus.

0 0 0

8. Re: Brand New S7 Vorsprung missing the Parking Assist Feature 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Have looked at the configurator for the A7 Vorsprung and it still clearly shows the Parking Assistance Pack. Like you I would be expecting it to be present. When the car arrives I will get it checked. However if it is not present surely there should be some form of remediation or compensation from Audi.

0 0 0

9. Re: Brand New S7 Vorsprung missing the Parking Assist Feature 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    That’s what you’d expect as it is a feature you’re clearly paying for. I’m in the U.S. at the moment and the next step is speaking with the dealership apparently.

I’ve sent the Customer Relations Manager that called me yesterday an email letting him know that I think everything he told me was utter crap as the feature is also still available in the Audi Germany website too.

You’d think that if it was discontinued it would be removed from their website first???

0 0 0

10. Re: Brand New S7 Vorsprung missing the Parking Assist Feature 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Just a thought on this. Have you been into MyAudi app and looked at your car there? I looked at my current A7 in the MyAudi app and it lists everything it has.

It would be interesting to see if the app states that you have the pack. If it does then it is quite clear that you have not got something that you should have. And again if it is there it would negate any attempts to say that they have the right to amend the specs etc. (There’s always some small print ).

Worth a look - and maybe a screenshot!

0 0 0

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast