1. Re: Brand New S7 Vorsprung missing the Parking Assist Feature 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I really think you're not getting anywhere with the parking assist factory fitted anyway. Did you order yours direct or carwow too?

0 0 0

2. Re: Brand New S7 Vorsprung missing the Parking Assist Feature 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomjaba View Post
    I really think you're not getting anywhere with the parking assist factory fitted anyway. Did you order yours direct or carwow too?
    Yes, got it via CarWow. My local dealer wanted over £3.5k more,and the second cheapest quote on CarWow was still £1.8k moe than I'm payng.
    In reality, Park Assit is probably a bit gimmicky.

0 0 0

3. Re: Brand New S7 Vorsprung missing the Parking Assist Feature 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolfie View Post
    Yes, got it via CarWow. My local dealer wanted over £3.5k more,and the second cheapest quote on CarWow was still £1.8k moe than I'm payng.
    In reality, Park Assit is probably a bit gimmicky.
    Yea it is ... Especially if it disables the camera - which I guess makes sense as it requires the space of the screen for the park graphics ..

It is just irritating that Audi can't get the options right .. Like the descriptions are there on the german site, not on the english and mean different things ... Grmpf.

0 0 0

4. Re: Brand New S7 Vorsprung missing the Parking Assist Feature 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GwynThomas View Post
    @Gomjaba I’m still waiting! I had a call from Audi UK the other day saying they are trying to get hold of the Sales Manager at the Audi Centre to provide me with a Mis-build form still.

I’m going to get in contact with the sales person I dealt with at the centre and see if I can find out what’s going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I bet you heard nothing ... I may actually get away from Audi ... For months I am trying to find out what the deal is with all those discrepancies with the configurator myself - the fake exhaust and Diesel is something I can't get out of my head ... So can't believe I say that .. but ... I am considering Mercedes. Initially I looked at the AMG C63S but as it turns out it is too rough as a daily - the E63S Estate is just over 100k - 24k less than the RS7 - Biturbo V8 - comfortable ... Quattro ... even got Drift mode to turn into rear wheel drive ... Certainly a contender .. Just waiting to be back in the country and likely going to test drive and sleep over it for the summer ... (oh yea and it has parking assist of course and is loaded with carbon even). and under 4 seconds 0-62

0 0 0

5. Re: Brand New S7 Vorsprung missing the Parking Assist Feature 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    With the Mercedes, the dashboard, centre console and steering column mounted gear selector put me off.
    The sounds is fabuous, but the above just spoils it for me.

Also, the would need to price the AMG CLS63S to compare prices, as the E63S Estate is an RS6 competitor.

0 0 0

6. Re: Brand New S7 Vorsprung missing the Parking Assist Feature 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A8Cruiser View Post
    steering column mounted gear selector
    I was so confused when I first got into a rental .. Looked like an idiot trying to find the way to get it into gear lol .

0 2 0

7. Re: Brand New S7 Vorsprung missing the Parking Assist Feature 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    I first say it on a B-Class rental back in 2014/15?. And if I remember correctly, it still had the stupid foot/hand parking brake thing.....
    And that interior was pants too.

0 0 0

8. Re: Brand New S7 Vorsprung missing the Parking Assist Feature 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    So the new RS5 has parking assist

"Searches for suitable parking spaces along the road by means of ultrasonic sensors, calculates the ideal parking path and performs the steering action virtually automatically. The system can support the driver with:
    • Parallel parking in reverse
    • Exiting a parallel parking space, driving forwards
    • Bay parking, both reverse and forwards

Steering is done by the vehicle, with the driver responsible for acceleration and application of the brakes

Vehicle driver assistance and safety systems are not a substitute for attentive driving. Drivers retain full responsibility for providing the necessary inputs for safe control of the vehicle. System descriptions within this pricelist are provided for information purposes only. System limitations and operational requirements apply. See manual for details"

0 0 0

9. Re: Brand New S7 Vorsprung missing the Parking Assist Feature 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Apologies for the essay! I noticed a few slightly alarming things on Audi generally recently. The Configurator app no longer works (starts then quits), it’s no longer available in the App Store. Hopefully this is due to them not wanting to misadvertise features to customers which cannot be specced and not a portent that the brand is in trouble.

On the Audi website Vorsprung config for the A7 and S7 says that it includes the next generation of parking assist, Park Assistant Plus pack I.e. one where you don’t have to use the brake and accelerate yourself and the car does it all.

However, it also displays a prominent notice saying that due to Euro 6D changeover, the model and technical features may differ when it’s actually delivered!

This is a pretty big feature to remove without asking IMO and I would NOT be happy if mine was delivered like this. It’s possible that the old parking pack was deprecated but I’d be extremely surprised if it was removed entirely as they then don’t have feature parity with Mercedes and BMW.

As an aside my experience dealing with both Audi and the dealership has been absolutely awful with my 2018 A5 purchased from new, as it also had the issue where it wouldn’t store the 360° camera setting on parking, but eventually got that fixed by telling the Audi centre (Bexley) exactly how to fix it based on what I’ve read on the internet otherwise they would have been none the wiser. Neither Audi nor the dealership ever returned my calls at any point in the sales or aftercare process and frankly I will be switching brands when I change cars next, to one who values my custom. I’m still shocked that a luxury brand treat their paying customers this way. I can’t imagine that this happens in Germany.

Rob

0 0 0

10. Re: Brand New S7 Vorsprung missing the Parking Assist Feature 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Well... Audi UK have finally come back to me and offered me a goodwill gesture in place of the advertised parking feature. I’m fed up with it to be fair and I don’t think I’ll get anything else from them.

They have told me that they can’t retrofit it and that’s that.

And, just to top things off today, the panoramic roof blinds today has stopped working!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast