1. Re: Brand New S7 Vorsprung missing the Parking Assist Feature 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I’ve been following this thread with interest, as I have ordered a brand new A7 55 TFSI Vorsprung myself, and wondered if it came with the parking assist feature.
    I’ve been in touch with my dealer, and he sent me a document (yesterday) from Audi dated 5th June 2019, with the revisions for the 2020 model. The last page mentions a list of features/options that are to be discontinued due to ‘low uptake’. I can confirm that the ‘parking assist’ feature is in the list, as an option for the S-Line & sport models, and is marked as ‘low uptake’ and therefore no longer available.
    several other options are mentioned in the list as being discontinued, but has a note to say, ‘standard spec on Vorsprung’, so not discontinued for that version.
    like you folks, I am not best pleased at not having the park assist option either included in this top-of-the-range model, or to even have it as an option, especially as it is available on the UK Q5!
    I have emailed Audi in Ingoldstat, expressing my displeasure, and will let you know if I get a reply.

0 0 0

2. Re: Brand New S7 Vorsprung missing the Parking Assist Feature 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolfie View Post
    I’ve been following this thread with interest, as I have ordered a brand new A7 55 TFSI Vorsprung myself, and wondered if it came with the parking assist feature.
    I’ve been in touch with my dealer, and he sent me a document (yesterday) from Audi dated 5th June 2019, with the revisions for the 2020 model. The last page mentions a list of features/options that are to be discontinued due to ‘low uptake’. I can confirm that the ‘parking assist’ feature is in the list, as an option for the S-Line & sport models, and is marked as ‘low uptake’ and therefore no longer available.
    several other options are mentioned in the list as being discontinued, but has a note to say, ‘standard spec on Vorsprung’, so not discontinued for that version.
    like you folks, I am not best pleased at not having the park assist option either included in this top-of-the-range model, or to even have it as an option, especially as it is available on the UK Q5!
    I have emailed Audi in Ingoldstat, expressing my displeasure, and will let you know if I get a reply.
    Doubt they care. The discussion has been going on for years where it doesn't make sense really to NOT offer specs on UK cars but offer them on German cars for example - Black Edition for standard series A5 for example. It doesn't make sense as they are all build in the same factory. Even with courier options nowadays, I don't even think a low uptake causes issues for parts and supportability etc. - Can't be that hard to get parts for rare options overnighted ...

But yea - what I would like to know is - does the value actually change. The Park Assist Pack for example is £1200 as option for other models .. Does the overall cost decrease ? I bet not.

0 0 0

3. Re: Brand New S7 Vorsprung missing the Parking Assist Feature 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks for your replies guys. I had a call from Audi UK regarding this today and they are still going down the route of this being a mis-build and are getting the dealer to send me a form?!?

There has been no mention from them at all that the configurator is maintained by Germany. I don’t understand the whole issue to be honest. Why install the wheel arches with the deep set sensors for measuring the spaces if you don’t intend to install the pack they measure the spaces for?

I would guess that the onboard computer must be able to create the necessary steering actions as it can influence steering during lane assist so I think it must be software rather than a hardware change. I’d be surprised if it wasn’t something simple to turn on.

With regards to the low uptake reason for dropping products, I believe this was more a WLTP thing than people not buying it. Too many available options means extra weight that can effect fuel consumption and therefore the figures. That’s how it was explained to me by a guy I know that works in sales for an Audi dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Brand New S7 Vorsprung missing the Parking Assist Feature 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I wonder if you got your right in the middle of the extra being removed. Hence the prep for it but nothing else. The prep is what would annoy me the most. From what Audi tells me - the dealer SHOULDN'T have the option in THEIR system and the online configurator is merely out of date. So my point and question is - does the Park Assist appears on your order as extra at all ? If it does - I wouldn't care if it was a miss-build, miss-sold or whatnot - you paid for an item that isn't there so they have to come up with a solution. Depending on how much you care about it I would potentially give them X days or weeks to sort and go to a solicitor afterwards. IF it isn't showing on your spec sheet - then I guess nothing will come out of it.

What worries me more now is - what else has been removed that is still showing online. The more they remove from the Vorsprung trim, the less make the inflated money sense. I mean looking at the A7 Vorpsprung that you could get with the same horsepower as the S7 but as a petrol - you start to wonder - does the S7 still make sense - especially with the £10k premium when buying S vs. A (unless you really eager to get the torque).

I have now actually printed out the online spec I want and when it comes to it in summer, check with a dealer, compare the specs and the resulting price.

As in, if they remove a £1200 option and discontinue it - I would expect the OTR price to reflect that.

I would be tempted to say that the options that would be a deal breaker for me (as in, if they discontinue them too)

- 3D camera
    - Adaptive Cruise Control
    - Adaptive Air Suspension

These were the features that actually made me steer towards the S7 rather than RS55 (same ish price really) - well and the size obviously.

So yea @GwynThomas - I'd be interested so hear if the PA was on your specs or not when purchasing the car and what the resulting price was.

It seems the S7 Vorsprung - with PA in the configurator - is £86.680 OTR
    With my optional extras like Rear Side Airbags (how can they not be standard), Towing equip and additional warranty to 5yrs and front and back UTR - £91,334 OTR

Just posting here as a reminder for later to be honest (more for myself as an info as you can see it yourself in the online configurator).

Now I will def. check what the actual list of stuff is in summer and see what the OTR is - with missing PA I would expect it to be £90k even ...

What's really annoying is that you can't get the parking heater in other regions but Germany ... used to have it on every other car.

0 0 0

5. Re: Brand New S7 Vorsprung missing the Parking Assist Feature 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I was originally going for an S-Line 55 TFSI, but when I went into the dealership to place the order (middle of last year), I was told that two of the options that were deal breakers for me, were no longer available - air suspension and all-wheel steering, and that they were now only available on the Vorsprung. So, I spent a great deal more for the Vorsprung, really, just to get those 2 options.
    I think both the dealer and I were getting confused by the various descriptions of the parking systems, as they can be ‘parking assist’, ‘parking assistant’, ‘parking system plus’ etc. Checking my spec sheet shows ‘parking assistance pack - PCZ’. I assumed this was ‘park assist’, but seems not to be, as the full-monty ‘park assist’ has the code ‘7X5’.
    I have queried with Audi customer service in the UK if there is any way I can have the ‘park assist’ added, but have yet to receive a reply (sent 30/12/19). I Also posed the same question to Audi in Germany, and awaiting their reply as well.
    if I get any responses, I’ll post them straight here. . .

0 0 0

6. Re: Brand New S7 Vorsprung missing the Parking Assist Feature 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    You can't make it up - got this mail from Audi now :

"Thank you for your recent email regarding your interest in a new Audi S7 Vorsprung.

I am delighted that you are considering Audi for your next vehicle purchase.

I appreciate that your expectations of reliability and build quality are high when you purchase an Audi. From this point of view, I do understand that you may wish to carry out your own personal research prior to purchasing one of our vehicles. However, whilst such internet sites are often a useful source of information, they do not provide a complete picture. As a result, we monitor all components within our vehicles very closely and pride ourselves on acting swiftly should any trend become apparent. This is achieved by working very closely with our excellent Centre Network and our Technical Experts within the UK and at the Factory.

After liaising with our Product Marketing Department, I am pleased to confirm that the Parking Assistance Pack is available as a standard feature on the Audi S7 Vorsprung.

If you have any further questions or need help with anything else, please do not hesitate to contact me on the details below.

Kind regards

Robert Ferguson
    Customer Relations Advisor

Audi UK

Tel 0800 699 888
    Email customer.services@audi.co.uk "

0 0 0

7. Re: Brand New S7 Vorsprung missing the Parking Assist Feature 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Funny enough - when you click the (i) in the configurator - it DOES say the Parking Assist (PCZ) helps with parking .. so I got nothing .. I am utterly confused now.

Edit - found this in the old Q5 brochure

Parking assistance pack - advanced - PCZ
    In addition to the contents of the Parking AssistancePack, this pack includes the latest technology to providehelp in busy traffic situations, when changing lane,exiting your car and when reversing - for the convenienceand protection of all occupants.
    Includes:
    • Audi side assist
    • Cross traffic assist rear
    • Exit warning
    • Audi pre sense basic
    • Audi pre sense rear

Pricing from: €2,403

Park assist 7X5,
    automatic steering action during parking. Uses ultrasonic sensors to search for suitable perpendicular and parallel
    parking spaces. Calculates the ideal parking path for perpendicular parking spaces and the ideal parking and
    exiting paths for parallel parking spaces. The driver has to accelerate, change gear and brake as well as monitor the parking process.
    The actual steering action is performed by the system. The display of the surroundings warns within system limits about obstaclesin front of and behind the vehicle as well as at the side, depending on the steering angle. Parking in several moves is supported.Activated via a button on the centre console

0 1 0

8. Re: Brand New S7 Vorsprung missing the Parking Assist Feature 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomjaba View Post
    I wonder if you got your right in the middle of the extra being removed. Hence the prep for it but nothing else. The prep is what would annoy me the most. From what Audi tells me - the dealer SHOULDN'T have the option in THEIR system and the online configurator is merely out of date. So my point and question is - does the Park Assist appears on your order as extra at all ? If it does - I wouldn't care if it was a miss-build, miss-sold or whatnot - you paid for an item that isn't there so they have to come up with a solution. Depending on how much you care about it I would potentially give them X days or weeks to sort and go to a solicitor afterwards. IF it isn't showing on your spec sheet - then I guess nothing will come out of it.
    As far as the dealer is concerned, when they have looked at their configurator, assuming they are looking at the internal one and not just the one on the web that I’m looking at but I’m not there, the Vorsprung is meant to have the Parking Assistance Pack full stop. Unfortunately I ordered mine through CarWow so spec sheets weren’t something I got at the time of order. In fact, my order has still not been accepted by Audi but the dealer found one in the same colour and spec that I wanted that was being delivered for the showroom in another location in the UK. It was a model year 2020 S7 Vorsprung so should have had the listed features on the configurator at the time as far as I, and the Audi Sales Person was concerned.

These were the features that actually made me steer towards the S7 rather than RS55 (same ish price really) - well and the size obviously.
    My S7 went back in for a couple of days to resolve a very small issue and they gave me an RS5 as a courtesy car. That car is ridiculous! It has torque for days! In fact I would have to say, if someone asked me how much torque it has is “all of it!”

0 0 0

9. Re: Brand New S7 Vorsprung missing the Parking Assist Feature 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    You can't make it up - got this mail from Audi now :

"Thank you for your recent email regarding your interest in a new Audi S7 Vorsprung.

I am delighted that you are considering Audi for your next vehicle purchase.

I appreciate that your expectations of reliability and build quality are high when you purchase an Audi. From this point of view, I do understand that you may wish to carry out your own personal research prior to purchasing one of our vehicles. However, whilst such internet sites are often a useful source of information, they do not provide a complete picture. As a result, we monitor all components within our vehicles very closely and pride ourselves on acting swiftly should any trend become apparent. This is achieved by working very closely with our excellent Centre Network and our Technical Experts within the UK and at the Factory.

After liaising with our Product Marketing Department, I am pleased to confirm that the Parking Assistance Pack is available as a standard feature on the Audi S7 Vorsprung.

If you have any further questions or need help with anything else, please do not hesitate to contact me on the details below.

Kind regards

Robert Ferguson
    Customer Relations Advisor

Audi UK

Tel 0800 699 888
    Email customer.services@audi.co.uk "
    Thanks @Gomjaba. I might have to screenshot this and send it to the Customer Relations Manager I am dealing with!

0 0 0

10. Re: Brand New S7 Vorsprung missing the Parking Assist Feature 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolfie View Post
    I was originally going for an S-Line 55 TFSI, but when I went into the dealership to place the order (middle of last year), I was told that two of the options that were deal breakers for me, were no longer available - air suspension and all-wheel steering, and that they were now only available on the Vorsprung. So, I spent a great deal more for the Vorsprung, really, just to get those 2 options.
    I think both the dealer and I were getting confused by the various descriptions of the parking systems, as they can be ‘parking assist’, ‘parking assistant’, ‘parking system plus’ etc. Checking my spec sheet shows ‘parking assistance pack - PCZ’. I assumed this was ‘park assist’, but seems not to be, as the full-monty ‘park assist’ has the code ‘7X5’.
    I have queried with Audi customer service in the UK if there is any way I can have the ‘park assist’ added, but have yet to receive a reply (sent 30/12/19). I Also posed the same question to Audi in Germany, and awaiting their reply as well.
    if I get any responses, I’ll post them straight here. . .
    So you got PCZ - that would imply you can park your car automatically by just gas and brake ... Steering wheel moves by itself. Now @GwynThomas implied in the first post that this is what he expected - and this is what the current configurator shows .. but he doesn't have the button so it doesn't exist despite having the sensors .. So in his case - it MIGHT be really 'just' a case of a misconfiguration - and in that case it should be fixed. So it depends what his spec sheet says - shouldn't matter what they say afterwards - you ordered X - you should get X.

The question now is Rolfie - can you park your car automatically ? As again, this is what PCZ would imply.

As for 7X5 - that would imply just a package in which PCZ is included .. Looking at the current spec sheet the individual components from 7X5 seems included in Vorsprung - such as pre-sense.

No clue and it seems Audi has no clue either.

Sad thing is - the BMW 630d xDrive M Sport GT got all the buzz - with real exhausts £7k less ... but less torque as well but same BHP - not sure I can move to BMW - but will see what the dealer says in summer when I am ready to pull the plug

0 1 0

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast