Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi,

I have been looking into a fault I have on a A4 B6 Cab, where the interior lights stop working which is due to Fuse 38 (15A dashboard fuse panel for Comfort Control Electronics) blows.

I have found that the Blue/Black wire going to the fuse box (switchable 12V) has a short to ground (about 500 Ohms). The Wire to the CCM (under the passenger carpet) from the fuse box is fine, and I believe the CCM is fine also. Incidentally the foot wells are dry as a bone, so no leaks from the engine bay.

If I remove the cables from the Central Electronics Control module under the drivers dash panel where the relay panel is, and put them back the short goes, but having metered the wire, it doesn't go to any of these connectors.

I pulled relay 167 (Fuel pump) and the wire buzzes through to here but I guess this is a common 12v.

Any ideas where this elusive Blue/Black wire goes to? I'm guessing a relay but can't find the wiring diagrams that relate to this anywhere, and (not wanting to sound stingy) don't want to buy a manual for one page.

Just to prove everything was working, I put a 20A fuse in quickly, and although everything works, it obviously got hot, and although in for only 20 secs I could smell plastic getting hot smell.

Help please.

0 0 0

2. Re: Interior lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Have you disconnected the interior lamp to do tests from there? The wire you suspect is short to ground may not be at fault if everything is still connected. Can you specify exactly which fuse box has this blue/black wire ? There are a few. I am looking at CF diagrams but your info on exact model and year is vague and to help it would be good if you could answer these questions.
    Alan.

A6 Avant (C7) 3.0 TFSI Quattro S-Tronic
    APR St1 Custom Exhaust - now gone
    VW T6 150 DSG Camper £££

0 0 0

3. Re: Interior lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I thought I had replied to this, apologies.

I know it is pre fuse that is the issue as when I monitor it with the fuse out, you can see the short occur.

My current theory is the on board power control module, as when I unplug the connectors, the short goes away, until the interior lights are used.

I have one on the way so will soon find out.

0 0 0

4. Re: Interior lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Well that didn't work, but I have found a circuit diagram that mentions F38.

Can someone help with the location of A57 and 501 on the diagram please.

B0E90186-E6C7-42E8-9B8A-89838B45036C.jpg
    Last edited by MarkJL; 16-11-2019 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Adding picture

0 0 0

5. Re: Interior lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    As above, my earlier reply.
    Alan.

VW T6 150 DSG Camper £££

0 0 0

6. Re: Interior lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi

It's a 2004 B6 sport cabriolet

0 0 0

7. Re: Interior lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    I`m not home at moment so cant check right now. But weeks ago I did look for you but didnt know your exact model type. What I did notice was the interior lamp unit has warning lamp wiring in it for airbags? Sorry, cant remember exactly? That is why I asked if you had disconnected the lamp to carry out short circuit checks as the fault may be on another circuit, if that makes sense.
    Alan.

VW T6 150 DSG Camper £££

0 0 0