Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Hi,

I've recently had an issue where the car went into limp mode, ECU reporting J399 communication issue, it was intermittent at first, but now permanent. The car drives but is very underpowered with the coil light flashing, turns out this is very common.

I managed to get hold of a replacement fuel pump electronics module off a popular auction site and have now fitted this module, as expected car won't start due to the ECU inhibiting the start due to the replacement fuel pump module.

I've ran VCDS in an attempt at coding the new module, however VCDS requires a log in PIN. In my haste, I bought VAG-TACHO which although it communicates with the dash, it won't read out the PIN code, maybe VAG-TACHO can't do this model. I'm not entirely sure which IMMO generation I have, I think it's a 3rd gen. VAG-Tacho comes up with VDO D14.

I don't really want to keep on buying more tools that might not extract the pin, as such, does anybody have some really good advice to help me on this one please? If it is suggested that I download the flash, how is it normally done and what would I need to get hold of in which to do it.

Details I have from VCDS 4B0 920 981 J, KOMBI+WEGFAHRS. VDO D14, 00006059 130 106MC318_1.V145740893

Any a
    dvice is really appreciated.

Sean

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 2.5Tdi Fuel pump swap 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    These fuel pumps are ********, aren't they. I changed mine at the beginning of the year too. I gave the car to a friend, he shifted by a mistake from 1st to 4th gear (thinking he was shifting in 2nd) at very low speed (10kmh). 3 seconds later the pump was dead. It cost me a total of 600 euros and 2 months time to fix. Btw, the code was read and transferred from the old to the new pump at the local electric/mechanic for about 30 euros.

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 2.5Tdi Fuel pump swap 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I managed to sort this in the end with a fully reconditioned pump complete with new psg 5 module. Hope this lasts a while.

Sean

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 2.5Tdi Fuel pump swap 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanious View Post
    I managed to sort this in the end with a fully reconditioned pump complete with new psg 5 module. Hope this lasts a while.

Sean
    Hope it lasts too. But I ain't having much luck with it. The parts I replaced are already worn out, the car seems maintenance hungry, always wanting more.
    I am afraid my wish for a V6 is turning out to be expensive and tiring.

0 0 0