1. car diagnostics 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    well, i tried to buy vagcom off ebay, first one was not pukka, second one never showed up, so..... i have put on hold for the moment trying to source a copy of vagcom and cable to go with it. however i have just seen an android version called OBDeleven and wonder if anyone has had success with this? i am specifically wanting to use it for servicing brakes and other niggly things like unlocking dvd. i'd be interested to know how anyone else got on with this app?

0 0 0

2. Re: car diagnostics 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1841 Post(s)
    OBD eleven, Carly and Carista seem to be good for most jobs but I tried Carista that a customer had and it was miles off VCDS’s capabilities.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: car diagnostics 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    I have obdeleven - support is a bit hit and miss but its a tool, what support goes with a set of spanners?
    it is officially licensed world wide by Audi - scans 27 different units on my motor and has told me i had a scratched cd in my stack...
    get the pro to long code aka vagcom style or use the apps and credits to use a nice gui. It can be a bit clunky and i have heard of reports of connection problems but i bought mine direct and have had no issues.
    apps are limitied with older cars but long coding is there if you know what your doing.
    Foeums are filled with this doesnt work that dosent work but people fail to realize you cant switch on a bit of hardware that isint there.
    makes me laugh " how do I switch off my brake warning light " i think has to be the best, maybe fix your brakes?!?!?
    if you are going to do some serious work there is no replacement for vagcom but if your getting vagcom you need to do serious work for it to pay off. for the price i cant fault it. i can post a full scan if you like to see what it gives
    Stewart
    2012 Q5 2.0D quattro S line Plus
    1986 coupe quattro (kv)
    1972 mini 1400 100BHP A series
    2016 F-Pace Portfolio X761 2.0D 180HP

0 0 0

4. Re: car diagnostics 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Stewart thanks for the note, i think all the cheap vagcom on ebay are clones so a bit iffy... i may give obdeleven a whirl and see how i fare.

0 0 0

5. Re: car diagnostics 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    I've got a variety which is ok for basic stuff, finding and clearing codes, basic access to vanity stuff. For real in depth diagnostic s you need vagcom. It all depends on what u want from it.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

6. Re: car diagnostics 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    i find it good, long coding and adaptions come with the pro upgrade - its vag com with a bit of a gui from what i can see. most complaints are from the keyboard warrior that hasn't got a clue. If i use my spanner comparison again its a bit like asking which size is required for a wheel bolt and what way do i turn it? and others who go and "play" and mess things up. there is a forum where you will find all this but if you know vag com and can relate this to the gui - and the correct modules you'll be grand.
    Stewart
    2012 Q5 2.0D quattro S line Plus
    1986 coupe quattro (kv)
    1972 mini 1400 100BHP A series
    2016 F-Pace Portfolio X761 2.0D 180HP

0 1 0