Well folks, after 17 years my Allroad is for sale. For a surprise 70th birthday present, my son today has bought me a silver A4 Avant S line 2.0 TDI quattro 190 PS S tronic ! As we say - "way to go son!". However, he might have given me a heads-up 6k miles ago before I replaced on the Allroad the cambelts, v-belts, pulleys. tstat. water pump etc and full service - AND MOT only on Friday past - or am I being ungrateful???
Anyways, there Is now an Allroad in superb condition, with only 226k miles on the clock, ready for a trouble free (????) year going for £1,000 if anyone is brave enough to buy! Full VCDS with diagnostic cable is included in the UNLIKELY event you will need to run diagnostics. Also comes with a spare (Bagpiping Andy vintage) air suspension compressor on the rare chance the installed one fails. PM me if anyone is interested and I will send photos, discuss, whatever.

You will be pleased to note I am not going for - I may see you on the A4 forum! Almost forgot, for Crasher's benefit - sales model is 8W5BFY engine DETA gearbox QFJ final drive RZV. I am sure he is desperate to let me know how good this car and engine are!

Seriously though it has been an honor to be a member of this forum. To a person, you have all been dedicated help solve my and everyone else's problems with their Audis (which only occasionally misbehave). I just hope the A4 forum is half as good. Al the best and happy, safe motoring to you all.
John Fuller aka Ceilidhalfie