Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Hi...

Noticed that I have a judder in seventh gear, it comes in about 1600 RPM petering out at about 2000 RPM when in manual mode whilst accelerating.
    I can repeat the fault / make it happen every time I try by been in seventh gear / manual mode and accelerating from say 1200 RPM.
    By 1400RPM I can feel the judder and it gets worse by about 1600 RPM and has petered out by 200RPM.
    if I do the same whilst in auto the gear box drops a gear or two taking the revs well above 2000 RPM, so I doesn't happen.
    I have tried to replicate the issue in sixth, fifth and fourth but everything is fine and the car just accelerates away.

Anyone else noticed this.

Martin

0 0 0

2. Re: Judder in 7th gear 1600 RPM 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    What engine/gearbox?

0 0 0

3. Re: Judder in 7th gear 1600 RPM 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Hi...
    Sorry, 2.0 TDI (190PS) Quattro with the seven speed S Tronic gear box (DL501)

Martin

0 0 0

4. Re: Judder in 7th gear 1600 RPM 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    How old is the car and how many miles on the the clock, and has the gearbox been serviced?

I've also got a 2.0TDI quattro with s tronic box (MY17) and don't have any issues.

0 0 0

5. Re: Judder in 7th gear 1600 RPM 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    The car is an 18 plate (March 18) with less than 15k on it. Not been in for a service yet as it still says 3k left before service.
    Think I’ll be taking it in and asking a service engineer to accompany me on a little test drive to show him the issue (if it is one)

0 0 0

6. Re: Judder in 7th gear 1600 RPM 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Hi at around 1600 you are on the edge of 7 down to 6 so if you are holding it in 7th at around that rpm it could be vibration from the engine as the gear is to high for it to carry the load you are placing on it. If as you say its not doing it in 4-5-6 this may be what you are experiencing.
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

7. Re: Judder in 7th gear 1600 RPM 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    I would just chuck it a the dealers and get them to date a look at it.

0 0 0