Hi there, I wondered if anyone could help me. My Audi 3GP MMI is stuck in the middle of a firmware update that cannot be cancelled - even if it's power cycled/reset with the usual three keys. The root cause was an intermittent hard disk device failure, now it is stuck here:

Device reports error
CombyStyle ECE (V12).0
Error code 150
Retry
Skip Device
Cancel

I can't select anything but 'Retry' as the rotary knob won't select anything else.

I've successfully cloned my old hard drive and got an image that is error free (I did about 25 runs before I got one with no errors - hence intermittent). - I am just waiting on a new IDE drive to arrive. In the meantime, I have followed Keldo Gliana's guide:

Recovering a dead MMI 3G and 3G Plus
By Keldo Gliana – written Q2 2014, updated Q1 2015 – Version 3

I have attached a cable to the serial connection on the MMI and can now terminal onto the device. The only thing is - it is asking for a Login and Password, this was not detailed in Keldo's guide. Does anyone know what the Login and Password are / or how to generate them? If I can get in, I will have access to recovery options if a simple swap and re-image of the drive doesn't work.

Thank you everyone!

Daz42