1. First Service due after 20 months / 7000 miles 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    My Q7 is coming up to 19 months old and 7000 miles on the clock. It's showing as service due in 29 days or ~12,000 miles.

It'll obviously hit the time limit before it hits the mileage. But I dont understand what time period this is? I'd have thought if it was on a LongLife service schedule, it'd show after 24 months? And if it was a fixed / short service schedule it'd be after 12 months? But 20 months seems very odd.

Anyone know?

0 0 0

2. Re: First Service due after 20 months / 7000 miles 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    It’s variable so can go as much as 2 years / 19000 miles but short journeys and a lot of starts can make it less.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0

3. Re: First Service due after 20 months / 7000 miles 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    My experience of variable condition based servicing with BMWs was that the "miles till next service" would go down faster depending on usage.

In this case, though, the q7 seems to still be showing miles as 12,000 till next service, which is what confused me. But I guess from what you are saying, the number of days goes down based on usage?

Thanks.

0 0 0

4. Re: First Service due after 20 months / 7000 miles 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Is the system actually smart enough to detect usage and change the service interval dynamically? I could be wrong but I thought the miles and clock were all set by the dealer manually - every time you bring the car in for service they reset them. I recently told my dealer that I wanted to switch to the non-long life service pattern and they adjusted the clock and mileage limit to 1year/9k after the service.. could it be possible that someone set your clock to be 20 months pre-delivery either as a nice rounded number or just a typo?
    Q7 272PS S-Line | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Tour Pack Adv | Leather Pack | Park Assist Pack | Comfort & Sound Pack | All-Wheel Steering | Matrix | Pan Roof | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | Full Valcona | Heated Rear Seats | Night Vision | BOSE | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Heated Windscreen | Heated Steering Wheel | Adv Key | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Lighting | Heated Mirrors | 360 Cameras | Rear Airbags | Glacier White | Gloss Black Alloys | Carbon Door Mirrors | Black Roof Rails | Rear Sunblinds | Audi LED Entry Lights | De-badged

0 0 0

5. Re: First Service due after 20 months / 7000 miles 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I wonder if that's possible? Id have thought the 1 year/2 year would be fixed, as is usual with most VWs using OBD.

The car has a maint package so it doesn't matter too much, but I was confused by it and wanted to understand why.

0 0 0

6. Re: First Service due after 20 months / 7000 miles 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    My 50 tdi needed an oil change at 9000 miles. That was a shock when the old 272 only required it at 19000 miles.

Oil and filter £135 at an indy audi approved garage.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

0 0 0