Following on from my post about petrol hose sizes, which morphed into one about FPRs and ethanol, I got to wondering if the new FPR I fitted is compatible with ethanol, as all the petrol I buy here and in Spain contains between 5% and 10% ethanol.

So I contacted Bosch UK. Here is the result after 3 attempts:

Me: Hello,The fuel pressure regulator BOSCH - 0 280 160 516 just failed on my 1996 Audi A4, with the diaphragm leaking fuel into the intake manifold via the vacuum connection.
The car has done only 41,000 miles, and was used very little by the previous owner, so it was probably the original part, and maybe not designed for use with petrol containing ethanol.
I have replaced it with BOSCH - 0 280 160 575.
Please advise if this FPR is suitable for use with petrol containing ethanol.At present I use petrol containing up to 10% ethanol.Regards

Bosch: Thank you for your email. 0 280 160 516 has been replaced by 0 280 160 575.

Me: Thank you for your reply. Is 0 280 160 575 suitable for use with ethanol fuel?

Bosch: 0280160575 is not designed for Ethanol

Me: Thank you for your reply.
All the petrol here in France and in Spain contains between 5% and 10% ethanol.
Can you please recommend which fuel pressure regulator I should use.

Bosch: Please contact your vehicle manufacturer in France to purchase the required pressure regulator as the part is sold directly to OEM.

As I already bought the new Bosch FPR (from a major French supplier) it would have been nice to get a Yes/No reply.