1. Re: B9 wirless Apple Carplay 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Mine arrived today. Haven’t had much time to play with it yet. Wireless Apple CarPlay works. According to the manual the rubber-lined cubby in front of the gear lever should be the wireless charging pad but the phone doesn’t acknowledge that it’s charging. Weirdly it looks as though the 6.5” screen gets an SD card slot but the 8” doesn’t. I would be very disappointed by this if I hadn’t switched all my music from SD card to phone a while back. The nav data was on an SD card in my B8.

The ‘Passat’ badge where the analogue clock used to be is so tacky - I will miss the clock.

0 0 0

2. Re: B9 wirless Apple Carplay 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    The brochure stated "additional items of standard equipment: SEL (over SE). It goes on to state that the 8" system etc. is fitted but makes no mention of loss of SD reader and wireless charging so I'm a bit miffed!

0 0 0

3. Re: B9 wirless Apple Carplay 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    What are you guys going to do about the lack of wireless charging? As in, is the dealer going to compensate or do anything?

I'm going to attempt to retrofit it, but as it's only a 5W charger, I understand it's a very very slow charger.....

0 0 0

4. Re: B9 wirless Apple Carplay 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Given that the supply chain for my leased car is Employer->GoFinance->VW Finance->VW Dealer I really can't be bothered to try and fight it. Compensation isn't going to make up for it anyway. Of course it may be that the feature is there and I haven't found out where it is or how to enable it yet.

Going back to the SD card issue, I note that in the brochure the Composition Media Infotainment system (SE trim) does have an SD card reader (and a CD player) but the Discover Navigation Infotainment system (SE-L trim) does not. If you go up to the Discover Pro then you get 2 SD card readers. Go figure!

If anyone gets a definitive answer on the wireless charging I'd like to know.

Another point, the USB sockets in the car are now USB-C not A. Mine did come with a short USB-C to A adaptor cable.

EDIT having opened the packet I find it's a lightning to USB-A cable, which given that the car has only USB-C sockets is of no use at all!
    Last edited by MikeBz; 07-12-2019 at 04:12 PM.

0 0 0

5. Re: B9 wirless Apple Carplay 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Happy New Year

How is the wireless CarPlay going ?

Which iPhone/iOS are you using ?

Reliable on long trips ?

Does your phone get hot if navigating and playing on phone content at the same time ? e.g. podcasts

Reliable re connection when you get back in car ?

Can you use built-in car nav and play CarPlay audio at same time and can you listen to DAB radio whist navigating with Apple Maps or Waze ?

Thanks

0 0 0

6. Re: B9 wirless Apple Carplay 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Happy New Year!

It’s going well.

iPhone 8, latest iOS.

Yes.

Not that I’ve noticed but haven’t specifically checked.

Yes.

Yes. The only combo you can’t use is built-in Nav and ‘phone app Nav at the same time.

0 0 0

7. Re: B9 wirless Apple Carplay 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Great. I'm glad it is working well for you

What is the longest drive you have been on and used Wireless CarPlay the whole way ?

0 0 0

8. Re: B9 wirless Apple Carplay 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Just over a couple of hours (using Google Maps).

0 0 0

9. Re: B9 wirless Apple Carplay 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Did that drain 50% of your iPhone battery or have you now got a 3rd party wireless charger as your car didn't come with one ? (much to your surprise!?)

0 0 0

10. Re: B9 wirless Apple Carplay 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Ah, you've got me there - because I was driving to Heathrow for a long haul flight I had the 'phone plugged in to the USB, so maybe it wasn't doing Carplay wirelessly (I wonder what it actually does when both connection types are available). Next time I'm on a reasonable length journey I'll do it wirelessly and see what battery % per hour it sucks up.

I am wondering whether to get one of these to put in the cubby where the wireless charger is expected to be - it looks thin enough, and looks as though it should contain the 'phone from sliding around and falling off the pad:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07N62X2RD/?coliid=I1TQZQKR2R3V4&colid=2K1A22TXJXSZN&psc=1&re f_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

0 0 0

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast