1. Error codes p0299 and p0113 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Morning folks, I'll start from the beginning of my problems.

About 3 weeks ago on the way home from work my dpf light came on, in the process of trying to do a regen the glow plug light came on and she went into limp. So I got home parked it for about 3hrs went out to go and see a mate to get the codes deleted and force a regen, drove about 100yds up the road and she made a horrendous noise so went back parked up and popped the bonnet and had a look round. Having investigated a knackered turbo was found.

So ordered a replacement turbo, and took it to a garage to be fitted. So when I pick the car up the dpf light is still on and was given fault codes p2002 18434/P2002/008194 - Particle Filter Bank 1: Malfunction
    Possible Symptoms
    Malfunction Indication Lamp (MIL) active
    Possible Causes
    Exhaust Pressure Sensor (G450) faulty
    Diesel Particle Filter (DPF) faulty
    Possible Solutions
    Check/Replace Exhaust Pressure Sensor (G450)
    Diesel Particle Filter (DPF)
    Perform Emergency Regeneration (Refer to Specifications!)
    Check/Replace Diesel Particle Filter (DPF)
    Special Notes
    Skoda Superb (3U) & VW Passat (3B) (Engine Codes: BGW, BSS, BWW) had issues with faulty Exhaust Pressure Sensors (G450), they were defective from factory and due to a leaking sealing the measured values were incorrect and resultet in wrong calculated particle filter load and unsuccessful regeneration cycles.
    With CBEA and CJAA engines, the factory documentation may show the wrong part location for the Exhaust Pressure Sensor 1 (G450). This sensor is in a foil pouch just behind the oil cap.
    And
    16683/P0299/000665 - Boost Pressure Regulation: Control Range Not Reached
    Possible Symptoms
    Reduced Power Output
    Limp Mode
    Possible Causes
    Hoses/Pipes incorrect connected, disconnected or leaking
    Charger Pressure Control defective
    Turbocharger faulty
    Diverter Valve faulty
    Possible Solutions
    Check Hoses/Pipes to/between Components
    Check / Clean / Replace Charge Pressure Control
    Check Turbocharger
    Check Diverter Valve
    Special Notes
    If the Turbocharger is faulty due to mechanical / internal problems or the exhaust system is restricted (typically the Catalyst) this fault may be the end result.

So the dpf has been removed and reverse cleaned, boost hoses vac lines and inlet pipes have been checked. N75 valve was found to be outside operating threshold so was replaced too.

So took it for a test run and straight back into limp, code p0299 so the boost sensor g42 has been replaced. Thought that would be the end of it, sadly not. I now have error codes p0299 and p0113, boost and temperature sensors, both located in the same unit which has been replaced as previously mentioned.
    It feels flat off boost and as soon as its asked for more boost at about 2500rpm second gear it goes into limp.

I've run out of ideas of what to do next. Any ideas gratefully received

TIA

0 0 0

2. Re: Error codes p0299 and p0113 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    After the DPF clean did you or the outfit doing the clean reset the Carbon Mass Index figure held in the ECU? If this is not done the ECU will think the DPF is still full.
    Mad Mitch
    VW Passat 2.0 Tdi Sport 170 BMR Engine, JPQ G/Box, DSG
    Premium Phone Kit, MFSW, Alarm Chirps, Rain Closure, Auto Close
    Emergency Braking Light Flash, Spots as DRLs. VCDS + MicroCAN, 200K Club

0 0 0

3. Re: Error codes p0299 and p0113 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Yes we did. The only codes coming up are related to the boost temp sensor, found another boost leak, the seal in to the manifold is swollen so I'm going to replace that later, it pulled better after some heath Robinson engineering and going to go through the loom for the boost sensor, I read in one of the us forums about the wires chafing.

0 0 0

4. Re: Error codes p0299 and p0113 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Well I was forced to use the car yesterday for work, as soon as I went up hill she went into limp. Same codes got to work, a long slow process. Went home and kept the revs low and nursed her home without throwing any codes until the hill about 3 miles from home. Scanned it when I got home and only got p0299. So weekend will be measuring actual vs required boost. Gonna rob the works calibrated pressure gauge as a secondary check.

0 0 0

5. Re: Error codes p0299 and p0113 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Boost is stable at idle at 980mb actual and requested are the same, as soon as I move through the rev range the actual starts to drop away from the required. Any thoughts?

Edit. Just watched the boost on torque pro, at idle it was 14.2psi took it up to 2000rpm and it dropped to 13.6 13.8 psi, even though I was static surely this should rise rather than drop?
    Last edited by arreff77; 19-10-2019 at 06:41 PM.

0 0 0

6. Re: Error codes p0299 and p0113 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arreff77 View Post
    Boost is stable at idle at 980mb actual and requested are the same, as soon as I move through the rev range the actual starts to drop away from the required. Any thoughts?

Edit. Just watched the boost on torque pro, at idle it was 14.2psi took it up to 2000rpm and it dropped to 13.6 13.8 psi, even though I was static surely this should rise rather than drop?
    At idle actual boost should read a low single figure and increase with throttle TOWARDS 15 to 20 psi max boost. If the reading is 14.2 at idle then either a sensor is duff, the turbo actuator is not setup or vacuum pipes may be the wrong way around.
    Mad Mitch
    VW Passat 2.0 Tdi Sport 170 BMR Engine, JPQ G/Box, DSG
    Premium Phone Kit, MFSW, Alarm Chirps, Rain Closure, Auto Close
    Emergency Braking Light Flash, Spots as DRLs. VCDS + MicroCAN, 200K Club

0 0 0

7. Re: Error codes p0299 and p0113 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Suspect the actuator is incorrectly set, we've had a play and the car is feeling much crisper and more responsive at lower rpm, much more like the car it used to be. Going to continue adjusting and logging live data until we get it right.

0 0 0