1. Should I Change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    A friend has just ordered a new RR Sport and he’s offered me his 2 yr old, 67 plate Mercedes E350d All Terrain with 17k on it for his trade in value which is £4K less than any equivalent on Autotrader. The All Terrain model is fully loaded and this one has the only optional extra - radar cruise and side monitoring.

I love my BiTdi and said I would keep it for years. It’s a 2014 model with 45k up and again fully loaded with almost every extra.

Aggghhh, what should I do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Should I Change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    I also am in the long term strategy; I have a 2013 C7... 6 years in of a 9 year plan.. 86k on clock... next MOT due next Tuesday.. I am sticking to my plan I think... with the options of going for another A6 in 2022-23... or possibly downsize to an A5... Questions I would ask of you are... 1. How is your car going/feeling? Reliable no issues?... paid for?.. minimum/no outlays? ... you enjoying the experience etc? answer here gives a good baseline...
    2. What was your plan/next move after the A6....and how much does the merc option that has popped up align with your original plan ?

A6 Black Edition - 2014 - 2.0 TDI Manual
    Daytona Grey Pearl, Full LED Headlights, Technology Pack, Advanced Key
    4 Zone Climate Control & Heated Seats, Colour DIS, Lighting Pack - LED Ambient Lighting.

0 1 0

3. Re: Should I Change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Better the Devil you know ?
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 1 0

4. Re: Should I Change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Nice problem to have :-)

I am working on the assumption that things are changing so rapidly out there, best to stick with minimal outlay at the moment and see how things pan out re: diesel being banned / electric / imminent collapse of society, plus I have 2 expensive kids going to uni soon so once I have paid my A6 off in about a year I am staying put.

Plus it's a manual and they won't exist for much longer. But mainly it works and I like it....
    Now: 2016 C7 2.0TDi BE with Tech Pack, magic parking, ambient lighting
    Previous: 2013 C7 2.0 TDi S Line
    C6 2.0 TDI LE
    A4 2.0 TDI SE
    and an ancient 80 in the olden days...

0 1 0

5. Re: Should I Change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Do what your heart tells you, forget common sense, forget financials, get what you want, be too late later.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 1 0

6. Re: Should I Change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    I would say go for it and if you dont like it you should be 4k up so can get a better Audi if thats what you want.

0 0 0

7. Re: Should I Change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Hybrids or full electric seems to be the way it’s going in the medium/long term... that’s if you can find/afford anywhere to park it... or if you can overcome the shame that you are actually still driving a car

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    A6 Black Edition - 2014 - 2.0 TDI Manual
    Daytona Grey Pearl, Full LED Headlights, Technology Pack, Advanced Key
    4 Zone Climate Control & Heated Seats, Colour DIS, Lighting Pack - LED Ambient Lighting.

0 1 0

8. Should I Change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    After much deliberation I’ve decided to keep the BiTdi. A few reasons. 1. The Merc is black with black interior. Not my favourite colour or combo. 2. The 350d uses the ‘old’ V6 diesel which has been superseded by a new inline 6 with 48v added taking it from 258 to 340bhp and torque up to 516 lb/ft which gives it BiTdi equalling performance. Why go with old tech when new tech is already here? 3. I don’t really need an Allroad equivalent, I’m happy with a ‘normal’ 4wd estate. I only want it to tow a caravan. 4. The new S6 fits the bill for a future replacement so why change brands? It’s not like I need to so I’m sticking with the BiTdi until a diesel S6 tickles my fancy in a couple of years.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and suggestions.

1 2 0

9. Re: Should I Change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good choice fella.
    2020 B9 A4 Avant Black Edition S Tronic
    2016 FL C7 A6 Avant Ultra Black Edition S Tronic | 2015 FL C7 A6 Avant Ultra Black Edition - S Tronic
    2012 B7 A4 Avant SLine |2008 B7 A4 Avant Sline | 2008 VW Golf PD150 GTI | 2007 VW Golf PD150 GTI
    2004 B6 A4 Avant Sport | 2000 A3 1.8T Sport | 1983 VW Golf GTX

0 1 0