Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hello Everyone,

I am hoping you can help, i am guessing this question has been asked too many times, I have seen a few cases but their back dated to 2018.

I just bought an Audi A6, S-line 2015 a few days ago and noticed a few things.
    -> The Multimedia system looks back dated and very simple, actually lacking a large amount of functions and features. For example there is no menu about back screen heating, ambient lighting, central locking, locking the passengers and boot, AD Blue measurements, etc. My old vauxhall has over 50 functions on the menu system, this seems minimal.

-> The car had no SD card, even the sales people had no idea about the SatNav. Now after research I found out the train version is RMC_EU_P12321, MU_Software 0801. Now on wikipedia, Multi Media Interface - Wikipedia the RMC was not listed. How can I change mine RMC to HNav or HN+? How can I upgrade the software on the MMI.

-> I am not sure, but are the wing mirrors suppose to fold in as mine dont, again I think its missing software commands.

-> I have seen the latest firmware on Welcome - UpgradeMyAudi.net, where I can download the last update, but I dont think this is the maps. From their link, looks like the latest is RMC_EU_K16148.

Is this a recommended dealer and would somebody be able to help please.

Kind Regards from Jatman

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi A6 S-Line MMI Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Hi, and welcome here

-> The Multimedia system looks back dated and very simple, actually lacking a large amount of functions and features. For example there is no menu about back screen heating, ambient lighting, central locking, locking the passengers and boot, AD Blue measurements, etc. My old vauxhall has over 50 functions on the menu system, this seems minimal.
    Yes, the Audi MMI/RMC has only a few options compared to other manufacturer's menu. By this:

-I never seen a menu for the back screen heating (just a button on the climate unit),
    -the ambient lighting is an option is an option, so if your can hasen't got this feature, you will not have the menu item. However, you can enable a limited functionality for the footwell light with a VCDS/OBDeleven unit. For more information, please refer to the Tips&tricks session.
    - as far as I know, you can check the engine oil level only, and not the Adblue level. However, you will see a warning light, if it reaches a limit, if I remember well, you will see the warning when you have enough Adblue for about 2000 miles.
    - Well, the central locking, locking the passengers and boot menu exists in the "Car" menu, but probably there is a limitation in the features. If you will not see all the options, then you can ask Audi to upgrade your unit, as this was a well known bug of the first new MMI/RMC systems.

About the RMC,

I'm sorry to say, but the RMC and the MMI are two different versions, and the MMI is the more advanced one. As far as I know, it's not a simple sw update to replace the RMC with MMI, but you need to change the central unit in the car, which is definitely not a simple replacement, probably you need the change the central display too. I'm not a professional in this area, so there will be more specific answers for this question later here.

"-> I am not sure, but are the wing mirrors suppose to fold in as mine dont, again I think its missing software commands. "
    No, if you don't have this advanced option, then these will not fold, as this feature requires the "Comfort module", which probably doesn't exists in your car. As I mentioned earlier, there are dongles which can add features for your car, however, if you will add the folding mirror without the comfort module, then the car will fold the mirrors during a reverse manuvere, but it will not pulls back the mirror in the previous position after you will start driving.

"-> I have seen the latest firmware on Welcome - UpgradeMyAudi.net, where I can download the last update, but I dont think this is the maps. From their link, looks like the latest is RMC_EU_K16148."
    The RMC/MMI software has a limited connection with the maps, the maps have different databases, and these are not free, but you can get these for a huge ammount of money from Audi, if the previous owner already downloaded the five free versions from myaudi. However it's possible, that you don't have this feature, you should check your proper configruation first, and after this you have to register your car.

Is this a recommended dealer and would somebody be able to help please.
    I think, if you want to have these feautures, then maybe the dealer offered you a not perfectly suitable A6 version.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi A6 S-Line MMI Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    VCDS / OBDeleven Unit, tips and tricks session
    Warning light with reacing 2000 miles,
    Looks like there is a lot of limitation on the menu system, my god, now I wish I kept my Vauxhall, the car drove amazing and had a full working computer. Only problem is the car aged over time... ARGH! So audi built an A6 with superb enginer but hardly any control?

Classic example, on my first lock, does the car do alarm and immobilser?, when I unlock, I only want to unlock the drivers door and not the whole car. I had this options in my vauxhall.

SO help me inderstand, if the unit says MMI, but in fat its an RMC software surely there is a blunder here or is the unit actually an RMC unit. Right so the MMI is completely different to the RMC, the more nicer, flashy and better.
    Actually i do remember driving a A4 2018 which had comfort mode.

Unfortunately there is no SD card or Nav details on the car, just bare bone. Just to be certain are you saying the RMC / MMI is very limited on the SatNav?

Well it would nice to have a car that performs well but also has function to go with the interior, espically the price of the car.

thanks

jatman

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi A6 S-Line MMI Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jatman View Post
    Only problem is the car aged over time... ARGH! So audi built an A6 with superb enginer but hardly any control?
    It's a different thinking, a different way

If you will drive the car, and will see how it does it, then you will see, that most of the other cars features are useless, or not really necessairy in the daily life. I felt this, when I first enabled the "Green menu" [the fully detailed engineer menu] in my C6, and I figured out, that I don't need it, except when it was needed for some tips&tricks, in other words, for one time only.

Classic example, on my first lock, does the car do alarm and immobilser?
    Yes, and if you don't disable the feature, then it starts the "Safelock" mechanism too.

when I unlock, I only want to unlock the drivers door and not the whole car. I had this options in my vauxhall.
    This option exists in the A6, you can find it in the "CAR" settings. (If not, then your software is too old, and need to be replaced by the correct version authorised Audi dealer. This feature was missed from the early models, but it was added later)

SO help me inderstand, if the unit says MMI, but in fat its an RMC software surely there is a blunder here or is the unit actually an RMC unit.
    The RMC and the MMI are totally different, these softwares are not interchangeable. if you have an RMC loaded, then - as far as I know - you must have an RMC system.

Actually i do remember driving a A4 2018 which had comfort mode.
    The "Comfort" mode can be changed in the "CAR" menu, when you will have at least four modes, and a custom setting menu, called "Individual". There you can change the charasterictics of the engine, the gearbox, the belt tensioner, and so on.

Unfortunately there is no SD card or Nav details on the car, just bare bone. Just to be certain are you saying the RMC / MMI is very limited on the SatNav?
    No, it depends on the "Techpack", which added the SD card availability. However if you have a Smartphone option, then you can use your phone to navigate, as the Apple/Android software will use the central display.

Well it would nice to have a car that performs well but also has function to go with the interior, espically the price of the car.
    I understand of your disappointment, but first please take a look again for the menu. Sometimes the features exists in a different place, or you have to enter a submenu, but there will be a lots of things.

Also, do not feel that a VCDS/OBDeleven thing is something, which is a miracle, or what you can't use, or get. Here you can find a lots of fellow members in your area, who will help you to set what you want, and what is possible with your configuration.

Please enjoy the ride for some more miles, and then, just then you will feel: even it's a little bit dumber car in the menu system, but a far superior car on the road, and have a lot more fun and joy to ride it. At least, I hope, you will feel it

thanks
    Your welcome

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi A6 S-Line MMI Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I am totally agreement with you as the car drive is far superior and what a ride, really amazing engine and beautifull ride. The smoothness of the ride and the performance is fantastic.

The reason why i being pedantic as I have paid for an amazing car, but would like to have safe, security and performance built in from the control panel, hence I do appreciate your assitance and kind helpfullness.

Thank you in advance.
    I use to own an Audi, but that was back in 2005, so I do apologise for the thousand questions, I guess my expectations are quite high, after having a wide range of extras in my Vauxhall which were great.

-> So the car does lock everything and trigger an immobilser on one single click. Great. I wonder does this also do Tilt protection
    ->I checked the CAR settings about 40 times and its about three settings. I can only lock all doors, I guess this does need an upgrade software as I thought.
    -> From reading on wikipedia, all the MMi units are the BNav, Hnav and HNav+, RMC is only mentioned on a few occasions. I checked with AUdi and the car is not an import, so why did Audi add an RMC unit that is no common on the Audi's?
    -> I have left the car on Auto mode, I have not manually changed to Comfort or to Individual mode. I thought the cars brain would automatically switch between them all, I guess the extras I would not check separately.
    -> Interesting, my car is 2015, there is two SD slots on the dashboard, but the card was not left in the car when I bought it.
    -> I did try to synchronise the audio from google maps to the car, but these did work. When I enable bluetooth the phone calls work but the audio doesnt beem across from the phone to the car.
    -> Are you recommending to purchase the "VCDS/OBDEleven" to help my car and the control panel?

You are right the car is great to look at and drive, I think the menu system to help the ride is disappointing. But definitly quality is top notch.

Thanks
    jatman

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi A6 S-Line MMI Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jatman View Post
    I use to own an Audi, but that was back in 2005, so I do apologise for the thousand questions, I guess my expectations are quite high, after having a wide range of extras in my Vauxhall which were great.
    No, your expectations are not too high, but Audi works in a different way.

-> Interesting, my car is 2015, there is two SD slots on the dashboard, but the card was not left in the car when I bought it.
    That's because these are slots for music, video, and so on. So there is no factory added SD card with a MAP, or an MMI/RMC SW, if you are looking for these.

"Are you recommending to purchase the "VCDS/OBDEleven" to help my car and the control panel?"
    No, I recommend to look for a fellow member in your area, as you need this units for one time only. It's a far better thing, to ask for it, then to purchase one. You can see the options, and the additional features in the Tips&Tricks session, it could be useful to check that list.

I'm sorry, the other questions are beyond my knowledge, so I was able to answer only these questions.

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi A6 S-Line MMI Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hey,
    thank you for the message,
    When I bought the car, there was no SD MMI card (media maps) provided and when I checked everything else, I started to unravel the mystery behind the car.
    I will check the tips and tricks for VCDS/ OBD Eleven on this forum. Maybe this will help.

No worries, im hoping I get some response for the questions.

I imformed the garage if they fix my car, I want an replacement for a new one. I also informed informed Audi Customer care of the issues.

By any chance do you know if these cars come with R20 as standard, as the spare wheel is R20, but the wheels on the care is R18.

Thanks
    From Jatman

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi A6 S-Line MMI Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hello,

I have an update, i found out the original spec of the car is R18, but somehow I have an R20 spare tyre. strange
    Back to the software on board. So i played more with the software and the car settings has 6 options, but in the settings there is no further settings or configurations to the car.
    I dont understand why the RMC is not listed on wikipedia : Multi Media Interface - Wikipedia
    ANy suggestions on how to update it.
    From jatman

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi A6 S-Line MMI Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hope you are pleased with the new ride...

Ref MMI options, I have no menu for screen heating, Adblue etc as you mention.

Folding mirrors are a factory fitted option.

Updated maps are via SD file. Never bothered with this myself as cost os prohibitive and don't fancy fleabay knockoff.
    2020 B9 A4 Avant Black Edition S Tronic
    2016 FL C7 A6 Avant Ultra Black Edition S Tronic | 2015 FL C7 A6 Avant Ultra Black Edition - S Tronic
    2012 B7 A4 Avant SLine |2008 B7 A4 Avant Sline | 2008 VW Golf PD150 GTI | 2007 VW Golf PD150 GTI
    2004 B6 A4 Avant Sport | 2000 A3 1.8T Sport | 1983 VW Golf GTX

0 0 0