Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VAG-Abound View Post
    Looking at the wiring diagrams the button lights and fog lamps for are all fed from the control relay you've replaced. Was it a new one that you used? It still seems like the most likely single component to get the results you're seeing.

Number plate bulbs and glove box also seem to run off of there. Are they working OK (presumably yes if you passed MOT)?

After that it'd be down to checking voltages and resistances at various points with a multimeter or at least "bulb on a wire", but not sure from post 1 if you want to get into that.

If you want to test switch module it looks like pin 3 to ground, 1 for "off" light, 2 for "on" light, and switch action between 4 & 6.

Removing the relay you should have good path to earth from socket point 6, and 12V supply to 9 and 14 with ignition in various positions.

To test things without high current draw, removing the actual fog bulbs then putting 12V (from socket on relay or cigarette socket using a plug from Halfords / eBay?) to relay socket 2 or 5 should light dash indicators for rear and front respectively. If feeling more adventurous then a 1.5mm wire or larger (I'd use 2.5mm ) should allow you to actually light fog lamps via same pins. Pin 4 should light number plate. If that gets things lighting up it's again suggesting control module isn't getting 12V to those points. If not then earth points may be suspect, but unlikely for both front and rear without other things failing,
    I replaced it with another used one known to be working

Glove box and number plates lights work fine.

No. Mot yet as I'm unable to

Unfortunately all that wiring instructions has gone write over my head as I'm not electrical minded

I have tested the rear bulbs holders with everything turned on and I got 0v on the rear and 0.1v on the fronts.

The fuse 36 gives 12v.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: No fog lights help for mot please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Well it's going to be difficult for you to sort out without some electrical tests. I'd get a new control module from VAG. It'll be cheap compared with an auto-electrician or garage, which is your next port of call I think unless you want some extra notes to help you test that control module.

0 0 0

3. Re: No fog lights help for mot please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Can I just rewire the front fogs and rears to too separate switches by keeping the original fogs and just rewire the wires

What will I need to do this please as the mot is due this month

0 0 0

4. Re: No fog lights help for mot please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Could I get away with buying x2 off these and wiring them in as a temp fix do you think

12V Universal Spot Light Working Light Fog Lamp Wiring Harness Switch Relay Kit | eBay

0 0 0

5. Re: No fog lights help for mot please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    You need to work out what is wrong otherwise you can do a lot of work and find you've been trying to use a damaged part in your rewiring.

Presumably you wouldn't rewire yourself as that will be a lot more complicated than testing the current components. By the same logic, anyone you'd go to to rewire it for you will be able to track down current fault.

0 0 0

6. Re: No fog lights help for mot please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Okay it's just a have a idea it might actually be the ecu due to when it happened last year the bulk head filled to the brim with water covering the battery and ecu I was hoping it wasn't this but its looking like it is.

It blew all the main lights and since then the fogs have not worked, replaced the hid back to bulbs and side lights as that's what blew and it also fried my amp in the boot so all this has been replaced but the fog bulbs which I've change are not working still but everything else does

0 0 0

7. Re: No fog lights help for mot please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Anything tgat cliaims to have a 40A relay best used at 15A or less would be well off of my list. You'll be playing with supply currents quite capable of setting fire to the car. I suggest you find a professional to help you.

0 0 0

8. Re: No fog lights help for mot please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Fuse 36 is a 30amp.

I'm fine with wiring when it comes to Nissan as I've just wired a rb20det and ca18det engine looms in to 200sx but audi are a bit advance for me so il have a look around for a electrical engineer thanks

0 0 0

9. Re: No fog lights help for mot please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    I think fuse 36 should be 15A, based on wiring diagrams. If it has been uprated have lamps perhaps been changed also? Might have fried something if so. Assuming fuse 5 is also OK (which feeds multiple dash lamps, etc so you'd probably notice) you're down to switches, relay, wires and earth points to check. Relay remains most likely, although if good ones are being popped by high current that's more a symptom than a cause.

0 0 0

10. Re: No fog lights help for mot please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Fuse 5 and 36 are both fine just checked and I have all dash lights

The button on the drivers door that locks all the door from the inside is the only thing not working

And I found these wires in passenger foot well no idea what they are for see pictures

And as you can see fog buttons light up but no green indicator

0 0 0

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast