1. Driver's door latch/handle sticks 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    I had this problem last winter and now the cold weather is coming again I'd like to get it fixed!!

The issue is that when you go out say first thing on a frosty morning the door opens fine, but if you then shut the door and open it again (from the outside) when you go to shut it for the second time the door won't latch, instead it bounces open again and won't stay closed unless you hold it shut and press the lock button!

Is this something that can be fixed easily or is it a door card/handle off job?

I don't even know why I asked that as nothing on a VW is easy!!!

Any advice much appreciated as always.
    2006 VW Passat 2.0 TDI (BKP) SE Estate

0 0 0

2. Re: Driver's door latch/handle sticks 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmurray01 View Post
    I had this problem last winter and now the cold weather is coming again I'd like to get it fixed!!

The issue is that when you go out say first thing on a frosty morning the door opens fine, but if you then shut the door and open it again (from the outside) when you go to shut it for the second time the door won't latch, instead it bounces open again and won't stay closed unless you hold it shut and press the lock button!

Is this something that can be fixed easily or is it a door card/handle off job?

I don't even know why I asked that as nothing on a VW is easy!!!

Any advice much appreciated as always.
    I had a similar issue with a rear door, I ended up spraying WD40 up into the door lock via the catch and through the hole behind the door handle while operating the interior door handle. I could hear the mechanism freeing up inside. Not sure if its the same issue.

0 1 0

3. Re: Driver's door latch/handle sticks 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allan_audi View Post
    I had a similar issue with a rear door, I ended up spraying WD40 up into the door lock via the catch and through the hole behind the door handle while operating the interior door handle. I could hear the mechanism freeing up inside. Not sure if its the same issue.

Sorry for the delay in replying. I will give this a go, thanks!
    2006 VW Passat 2.0 TDI (BKP) SE Estate

0 0 0

4. Re: Driver's door latch/handle sticks 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    On the rear doors there is also a rubber bung near the child lock switch, if you pull this bung out you can manually reset the lock using the plastic key from your keyfob. Useful if you cant get the door to latch by closing the door or operating the handles.

0 0 0