1. Our cars in danger! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    This is how easy is to steal our cars. I have found it on youtube. The device you can easily buy in internet. When the cars producers will improve the security of our property?!

Testing of AMP 7.0 performance with Audi, BMW, MB and Range Rover cars (2015-2018) - YouTube
    Last edited by Retom; 30-09-2019 at 08:46 PM.

0 0 0

2. Re: Our cars in danger! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    You can do it yourself. Stick the keys in a metal box or shielded pouch, then if they really want your car they will break into your house for the keys.

0 0 0

3. Re: Our cars in danger! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    You are bit late here, you can buy a screening pouch to keep they key in or, keep it in a metal box. We keep all customers keys in a wall mounted steel box which is earthed. This problem affects many makes and the latest idea is movement sensors in the key, if it sits still for a few seconds it shuts down.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: Our cars in danger! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    You are bit late here, you can buy a screening pouch to keep they key in or, keep it in a metal box. We keep all customers keys in a wall mounted steel box which is earthed. This problem affects many makes and the latest idea is movement sensors in the key, if it sits still for a few seconds it shuts down.
    I am not late. I know all these protection tricks very well. The problem is:

1/ I buy a keyless system for convenience - not for keeping my keys in the metal box or in special cases.
    2/ It is too easy to buy such a device in internet. Seems that even a child can buy it and steal the car.
    3/ IMO car producers simply underestimate the problem.
    4/ Movement sensors don’t fully protect you. Your keys could be scanned when you are in the move. For example during shopping.

I think (I hope) my car is better protected since I have installed nonstandard system which should hinder the theft.
    My post was placed for those who are unconscious how easy is to steal the car.

0 0 0

5. Re: Our cars in danger! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    The solution could be very simple, so simple, they all forget about.

They should put a manual swith into the key. This way you can turn off the system anytime, BUT NOT when you want to enter or leave the car. This way you can simply dismiss forever this problem.

However, this is too simple and an easy to do.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

6. Re: Our cars in danger! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    People would forget and still complain, it needs to be an automatic system on an automatic key or other people would complain it was not as advertised but the “key” point here is that if people did not covert and steal the property of others, no security of any kind would be required but unfortunately people are often dishonest.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Our cars in danger! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    People would forget and still complain, it needs to be an automatic system on an automatic key or other people would complain it was not as advertised but the “key” point here is that if people did not covert and steal the property of others, no security of any kind would be required but unfortunately people are often dishonest.
    That's the World we are living in, but it doesn't mean, that there could be no solution. What I meant is a very simple button, which disconnects/connets the battery in the key. This could mean, that you can use the system as it's works now, the only difference is, that you could switch off the key, if you don't need it.

Let me explain it. You are home, and you decide, you want to drive your car. When you put the key into your pocket, you turn the "Power" button to "ON". Now you can enter the car as usual, but you don't need to be afraid of the thiefs, because it's a very short period. When you left the car, you can simply act as usual, but when you will put the key down, or your hands will be free from the packages, then you can simply press the "Power" button to "OFF".

This way, you don't need to add any Faraday pouch, which is a real annoying thing, and mostly and in some aspect a some kind of a W*F solution, against to a far easier move with only one finger. I think, my solution is more simple, and far safer then the other one And in addition, as it consumpes energy, the battery last longer, so it can be demonstrated as a supergreend solution.

0 0 0

8. Re: Our cars in danger! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    That is what the new key fob movement sensor does, if the key is not moving for a few seconds it will not work again until it is moved so it could sit under the scum bag thieves nose and unless he could move it, it would not respond; therefore problem solved... that is UNTIL (not if) some clever unscrupulous techno geek works another way around the problem, it is an ever changing world and in this respect the car manufacturers are (and always will be) playing catch-up.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: Our cars in danger! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    That is what the new key fob movement sensor does, if the key is not moving for a few seconds it will not work again until it is moved so it could sit under the scum bag thieves nose and unless he could move it, it would not respond; therefore problem solved...
    I don't want to be dishonest, or start a flame war, but IMHO this will not solve the problem.

In my view, this ""solution"" will lead to a more complicated feature with more energy consumption for nothing. IMHO, these ideas are all about to not to solve the problem itself, but to let they sell something as a feature, while this way will be able to deny the bug itself.

IMHO, if you are moving, then the key will be on, and it will always happen if you will walk, you will drink and feel yourself good in a bar, or in a disco, or in a shopping mall, so a theif could steal your car without any problem.

I think, we have to see this problem from the right angle: As long as you have to press the button on the door to lock it, so you will always have to have a free hand to turn something off or on in your pocket. But this solution could be very easy, simple, and cheap - so they will not install a 0,1 Penny swithc into it, when they can sell the new, featured advanced, hyperturbo, 3D orgasm advanced "almost unstealable" and more expensive key - for which they can sell the Faraday pouch immediately.

However, if the customers wants that feeling, to have a more-and-more advanced key, which is almost solves the problem, and will be more and more comfortable while nobody cares that the original bug will be the same, then yes, this thinking will continiue, and we will all forget about the very simple and cheap solutions. Which are in the other hand are more safer then the high-tech almost perfect solutions. That's reminds me the Titanic's original brochures, which called the ship as "practically unsincable", and from which the "practically" world was lost in space almost immediately.

If you look for that solution, you mentioned, then you will clearly see, that it works only when you put your key down for a long term, which means, you have to put the key in your hand, you have to move it down to somewhere, so it's impossible, that you can't turn a swith off with your empty hand.

But it's my opinion, and I think, somehow I will install a switch into my key as I don't want to pull out the battery all the evening.

Have a good night

0 0 0

10. Re: Our cars in danger! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    The motion sensor is a nice solution to the parked up at home situation but doesn't solve when you are out and about... don't know how easy it is if they were to follow you closely, say in a supermarket, to relay the signal back to the car.. The video mentioned max 6 meters between the key (you) and the amplifier (bad guy no.1 following you), and 600 meters between the amplifier and the receiver (bad guy no.2 next to your car)..

If one has to switch on/off the keyfob every time they try to unlock/lock the car, might as well not opt for the option, surely pressing the lock/unlock buttons old style is easier? but ya, the extra switch is one solution for cars with the option already, or equally you can just carry the key in the pouch all the time, or using steering wheel lock everywhere (which I will start doing).

Thanks for video Retom - it was educational.. I knew that the tech existed but just didn't know it was so easily accessible.. I thought it belongs to something like the dark net or at least difficult to find, but it was just on youtube and everybody can watch and learn and buy...
    Q7 272PS S-Line | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Tour Pack Adv | Leather Pack | Park Assist Pack | Comfort & Sound Pack | All-Wheel Steering | Matrix | Pan Roof | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | Full Valcona | Heated Rear Seats | Night Vision | BOSE | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Heated Windscreen | Heated Steering Wheel | Adv Key | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Lighting | Heated Mirrors | 360 Cameras | Rear Airbags | Glacier White | Gloss Black Alloys | Carbon Door Mirrors | Black Roof Rails | Rear Sunblinds | Audi LED Entry Lights | De-badged

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast