1. VW Passat Sluggish 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a 2014 VW Passat 2.0TDI 140.. Within the last year it’s became sluggish like a car that has same engine but much less horsepower. When sluggish the engine is rather noisy aswell like a growling sound with little power from low rpms. Yet I get intermittent spells where the car drives as it should where I don’t need to accelerate beyond 2000rpm plus there’s no growling noise too the engine sounds as it should..
    The car when sluggish isn’t dangerous but as I drive all day it annoys me big time and burns more fuel I reckon.

I got a new Clutch/DMF fitted earlier this year and it’s made no difference. It’s been checked for any exhaust and boost leaks all was ok here. I have let the Garage drive it and they said it’s fine. Anybody else in the car also said it sounds fine but clearly it’s not. Was never this way before.. No lights nothing showing up either..

Has anybody had this or similar problem. Getting to the stage it’s so annoying I would be better getting shot of it..

0 0 0

2. Re: VW Passat Sluggish 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    How about the spark plugs?

0 0 0

3. Re: VW Passat Sluggish 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    The post is almost a year old. I'm pretty sure that OP is done fixing the issue.

0 0 0

4. Re: VW Passat Sluggish 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by airgovea View Post
    How about the spark plugs?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3stwart View Post
    The post is almost a year old. I'm pretty sure that OP is done fixing the issue.
    and it’s a Diesel!
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: VW Passat Sluggish 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    ��
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

6. Re: VW Passat Sluggish 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Although the thread is old now I may aswell tell you how I got on anyway. Pre Pandemic my active DPF regens would never complete aswell with warning light coming on everytime and would have to drive 15-25 miles for it to go off. The car was diagnosed to have faulty injectors as my “oil pressure warning” was now another issue with fuel diluting the oil with levels rising. Got nearly new injectors and an oil change and still no difference noisy unrefined sluggish car with the unsuccessful DPF regens. According to a scan it had not done a successful regen for over a year. Oil levels after so many thousand again brought warning on.. Second opinion was told it is the DPF needs replaced so get rid of the car. P2196 running rich code was always there. After another service decided to buy a Bosch Genuine O2 sensor. Replaced that myself and suddenly the car ran properly with a quieter engine, faster and much better fuel consumption. DPF regens returned to work as normal.

Originally I had mentioned to the garage that could it be O2 sensor they said No. Turns out this was my problem all along faulty O2 sensor causing it to overfuel. So injectors were never the issue a £160 sensor cured it all.

Changed car for a Passat B8 2.0tdi 150 DSG.. Not so impressed with this car though.

0 0 0

7. Re: VW Passat Sluggish 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    At least you got it fixed!
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0