Hi,

After a little help from people that know these cars better than me. Golf MK5 gtTDI 2.0.

My fuse box has power throughout all the connectors going in, yet at the bottom right fuses under relay 458 they have no power. I have removed the relay and checked it off the battery and its fine (resistances fine).

IF I plug a live wire from the battery into the bottom fuse (left hand side of the fuse) then the car starts straight away and there is power to the fuses that previously didn't have power.

Also to note that the radiator fans all kick in when I provide power in this way even with the engine not running. They used to do this on occasion after the car was stopped and on the drive and drain the battery, could be associated with an on-going issue.

Obviously this isn't a suitable fix however I'm hoping should help fault find.

I have replaced the fuse box (P/N 1K0 937 124 K) and still suffering exactly the same issue.

Has anyone ever come across this issue before? Could the relay be duff still even when its testing ok?

It wouldn't connect to the computer for some reason when it was tested, I haven't plugged it in with it 'hotwired' because I don't own a finder personally however plan to borrow a friends but that wont be until the weekend.

Any help or pointers to try next would be great.