Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Audi A4 B6 Trip Computer 2, How to get it?

1. Audi A4 B6 Trip Computer 2, How to get it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello, so since i had my car the trip computer was always on 2. I got myself VCDS (needed to remove some fault codes - airbags because i instaled new seats in the car), after i removed the codes, the Trip Computer switched from 2 to 1. And ever since then i don't know how to get it back? Anyone knows how to do it?
    Its an European A4 B6 2002. Heres how the cluster looks like: https://imgur.com/a/G5qAld4

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi A4 B6 Trip Computer 2, How to get it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)
    Gonna ask the obvious and ask if you have pressed the button under wiper stalk?

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi A4 B6 Trip Computer 2, How to get it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanfenton View Post
    Gonna ask the obvious and ask if you have pressed the button under wiper stalk?
    I saw on the internet people saying press the reset button, but i didnt know where it was located. Yup thats the button i searched for. Thanks

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi A4 B6 Trip Computer 2, How to get it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)
    Wish they were all that easy!

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi A4 B6 Trip Computer 2, How to get it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    So in theory it's something that can be coded using VCDS, I think it was in the dashboard settings.

Trip 1 resets every time you start the car (although sometimes if you take a short stop, and then start the car again, like filling up with fuel it still considers it as part of the same trip).
    Trip 2 only resets when you choose to reset the functions by pressing and holding the button on the wiper stalk.

My car used to have trip 2 as well, until one strange day when it went into the garage for 3 days to have some work done on the master cylinder, anyway, it was like the dashboard lost all power, maybe the backup battery in the dash is old now, and it lost a lot of it's settings, like it's VIN number, it also managed to reset into german on the dashboard, and into Km instead of miles. All was very odd. The guy managed to get the car back into English and Miles, but never managed to return the Trip 2 function. What actually happened was I lost Trip 1 started acting like Trip 2, only reset when I reset it. But we lost the functionality of Trip 1. I've never bothered connecing my VCDS and having another go.

I've since read about many issues with the old B6 dash where some of the soldering weakens with age, and things start playing up, lights on buzzer, lost VIN numbers, immobiliser issues. Quite a concern really.

Paul

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi A4 B6 Trip Computer 2, How to get it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)
    Sounds like a dash clocks out and off to a dedicated repair shop to get the soldering done then. Seen them do it to a TT dash on Wheeler Dealers, reflowing the LCD.

0 0 0